Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: rpm ??

Re: rpm ??

This is the best web sight on the net friends talking to friend about boats aint it grate. Thanks for the help and infoyou guys.
    Hay George forgive me for being ugly about the tax it just rubs me in a bad direction. (PROPERTY TAX ) uh you never finish paying for nothing
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 11-19-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    I will agree 100% Scott if i make a long runn and as fuel load decreases speed picks up at the same rpm.
    When Dave and I were bringing my boat North. I planned on comming into Fernandina to fuel up so I didn't top off before we stopped. That's also when I discovered how inaccurate the gauge is on my cockpit tank. Gauge read 1/2 at last check which would be about 550 gls. We dropped to 1/4 fairly quickly and I was making 23kts @ 2000rpms! Didn't keep her ther long but still made 21-22kts at 1925. Dave switched to the forward tank and we kept running. This was about 1/2 hour before we came in. When I fueled up I kept waiting for the pump to stop but it kept going. I put 995 gls in a 1074 gl tank! Topped off the other tanks for a total of about 1200 gls. We also had about 100gls of water which is less than 1/4 full. I bet we could have hit 28kts or better WOT.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    When Dave and I were bringing my boat North. I planned on comming into Fernandina to fuel up so I didn't top off before we stopped. That's also when I discovered how inaccurate the gauge is on my cockpit tank. Gauge read 1/2 at last check which would be about 550 gls. We dropped to 1/4 fairly quickly and I was making 23kts @ 2000rpms! Didn't keep her ther long but still made 21-22kts at 1925. Dave switched to the forward tank and we kept running. This was about 1/2 hour before we came in. When I fueled up I kept waiting for the pump to stop but it kept going. I put 995 gls in a 1074 gl tank! Topped off the other tanks for a total of about 1200 gls. We also had about 100gls of water which is less than 1/4 full. I bet we could have hit 28kts or better WOT.
    Sunday i filled mine up fuel kinda low 3.32 pg at the yacht bason if you pay with check. I purposely ran my front tank dry the last time out to see what was usable it says 300 well it is almost correct 288 to fill it.
    Rear tank took 550 we squesed it in we only has 200 on board it was running quite well also.

Remember when 200 gls was plenty of fuel?
    Jack Sardina

yes and .50 prer gal....

This question about RPM, speed, effeciency and the like seems to come up quite often. Reading the replies is appears to me, that one might get a ball park number. Other than that trying different combinations of prop, and weigh distribution is stll necessary to get to the optimum. As was stated previously, weight on board, and weigh5t distribution can have an impact on performance. every boat has it's own special characteristics.

Its not?

I hold 300. Thats 2/3 full.

I can make it to the bahamas on that from port canaveral.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Its not?

I hold 300. Thats 2/3 full.

I can make it to the bahamas on that from port canaveral.
    I can too if I catch the right drift. I need to make a 60 mile run to get the boat hauled for the winter. I'm down to about 300-400 and won't chance it without putting in a few hundred more in. I'm sure I can make it but that's not much reserve plus I'll want fuel for the return trip.
    Jack Sardina

I can too if I catch the right drift. I need to make a 60 mile run to get the boat hauled for the winter. I'm down to about 300-400 and won't chance it without putting in a few hundred more in. I'm sure I can make it but that's not much reserve plus I'll want fuel for the return trip.
    Its against the stream from here. Remember I have a little boat with little engines in comparison.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Its against the stream from here. Remember I have a little boat with little engines in comparison.
    It's nice to get that 2kt boost when heading North.
    Jack Sardina