Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    looks to be one big unit. not sure i can get just the icemachine and sink part out without the stairs coming off also.
    I'll dig around some 2morrow.
    If i have to, I'll just cut a hole in the bottom of both and go from there
    Hmmm - that seems strange. The fridge/ice maker should be able to come out by itself.
    Jon
    1995 48 MY | 8V92TA DDEC II
    "D-Compression" Montauk, NY

2. Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by jmagel View Post
    Hmmm - that seems strange. The fridge/ice maker should be able to come out by itself.
    I'll try and get better pics 2morrow and dig out some of that chalk.
    Looks like it may be glassed to to floor though. hmm will check and post back.
    TommyB
    Full Cave Diver Instructor TDI
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

Tommy - JUST THE ICEMAKER UNIT will come out! Not the fiberglass enclosure that its mounted in.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

thanks eric

5. Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Tommy - JUST THE ICEMAKER UNIT will come out! Not the fiberglass enclosure that its mounted in.
    yea, I took the icemaker out
    but can not see underneath it. there is a floor (shelf)that it sits on
    I need to get underneath what the icemaker sits in. All that stuff that the ice maker sits in, I can not see what is below it.
    It needs to be moved, or I need to cut a hole in the floor of that unit the ice maker is sitting in to find the wall/floor of the deck that is leaking
    TommyB
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

Open the door to the ice maker and wiggle it up and down as you pull it towards yourself and the ice maker, alone, will come out. The water line and power cord have enough slack in them to allow pulling the unit out enough to unplug power and disconnect water.

7. Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by LIBERTY View Post
    Open the door to the ice maker and wiggle it up and down as you pull it towards yourself and the ice maker, alone, will come out. The water line and power cord have enough slack in them to allow pulling the unit out enough to unplug power and disconnect water.
    Thanks. I got the Ice Maker out yesterday. I knew how to slide that out
    Someone 5200'd what looks to be marine plywood with a layer of that fake shiny linoleum to the floor of the enclose.
    Spent a couple hours trying to get all that rooted wood out of the cabinet so I could get the the original floor of the enclosure. (5200 sure sticks mighty good) Got most of the wood out, but could see no way to get to the underneath of this enclosures to see what / where the hole in the wall / floor is. Water is running down the wall to the day head below it.
    So today, out comes the skill saw and I'm cutting the bottom out of the damn thing so I can see what is underneath it. The hole that is underneath it must be pretty big by the way water will flow into the ceiling of the shower and run down the walls, then flood the masters carpet and passageway. (yea, I think I over did it with the water hose hahaha)
    TommyB
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Thanks. I got the Ice Maker out yesterday. I knew how to slide that out
    Someone 5200'd what looks to be marine plywood with a layer of that fake shiny linoleum to the floor of the enclose.
    Spent a couple hours trying to get all that rooted wood out of the cabinet so I could get the the original floor of the enclosure. (5200 sure sticks mighty good) Got most of the wood out, but could see no way to get to the underneath of this enclosures to see what / where the hole in the wall / floor is. Water is running down the wall to the day head below it.
    So today, out comes the skill saw and I'm cutting the bottom out of the damn thing so I can see what is underneath it. The hole that is underneath it must be pretty big by the way water will flow into the ceiling of the shower and run down the walls, then flood the masters carpet and passageway. (yea, I think I over did it with the water hose hahaha)
    I would be very careful in what you cut. The marine plywood with linoleum was installed by Hatteras. Once I got it out, there was only a sealed fiberglass bottom. My leak was from the buildup of water soaked plywood and then it backed up and went over the back edge through a hole into the wall cavity. As I previously outlined in an earlier post, I sealed the hold into the wall cavity and painted the entire interior cabinet with an epoxy paint. Again, study it closely.
    Art

9. Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by Artzco View Post
    I would be very careful in what you cut. The marine plywood with linoleum was installed by Hatteras. Once I got it out, there was only a sealed fiberglass bottom. My leak was from the buildup of water soaked plywood and then it backed up and went over the back edge through a hole into the wall cavity. As I previously outlined in an earlier post, I sealed the hold into the wall cavity and painted the entire interior cabinet with an epoxy paint. Again, study it closely.
    Yep, same.
    I ripped out that first layer. Then re-glassed a new layer all the way up to the edge so that water only has one way out. over the lip of the cabinet. Took a water hose and flooded that area. NO LEAKS.
    Now on to the other 9000 holes what have been drilled from whatever purpose / item was mounted.
    TommyB
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net