Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

How do you remove that Ice maker enclosure on the aft deck of a 52 cockpit?
    Tracking down a leak that is getting into the day head shower , then running the floor into the master stateroom soaking the carpet
    Looked like the ice maker water filter has been leaking for a long time, and is still leaking now that the system is powered up again.

I took a water hose, spayed that area and water just pours down the shower walls, and the door area to the day head.
    Water runs under the icemaker, some out the drain holes, but most down into the walls
    So I guess I found the leak that has been flooding the carpet in the Master Stateroom
    TommyB
    Full Cave Diver Instructor TDI
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Mine was leaking the same exact way and I simply pulled the unit straight out as it was not secured in any way. Once it was out, i found that the fiberglass cabinet had a laminated piece of wood about 5/8" that had delaminated and was soaked through and causing the water to pond and overflow back through a rear crevice and down the wall.
    I had to replace my U-Line unit and before I did, I ripped out the rotted wood, cleaned and painted the inside up to the overflow line with an epoxy paint. I cut a piece of starboard to maintain the same height and put in the new unit. Haven't had another leak.
    Art

3. Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by Artzco View Post
    Mine was leaking the same exact way and I simply pulled the unit straight out as it was not secured in any way. Once it was out, i found that the fiberglass cabinet had a laminated piece of wood about 5/8" that had delaminated and was soaked through and causing the water to pond and overflow back through a rear crevice and down the wall.
    I had to replace my U-Line unit and before I did, I ripped out the rotted wood, cleaned and painted the inside up to the overflow line with an epoxy paint. I cut a piece of starboard to maintain the same height and put in the new unit. Haven't had another leak.
    So it's just that 4200 or whatever that chalk is holding it to the wall. Looks to be chalked to the bulkhead, floor and starboard side of the flybridge stairway.
    I guess I'll give it a good yank and see of it comes lose. Thanks!!
    TommyB
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

Chalk comes off easy... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

5. Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Chalk comes off easy... ws
    looks like the steps to the FB are also part of this thing
    Attached Images
    TommyB
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

Not sure if you saw my post on page 25 of 150 of other thread, but we too had the same leak into the day head from an ice maker leak. Our unit pulled right out as Art described and is not sealed to the walls/floor. When you finally break it free, at least you know you probably can just push it back in and not worry about re-sealing it.
    Jon
    1995 48 MY | 8V92TA DDEC II
    "D-Compression" Montauk, NY

7. Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by jmagel View Post
    Not sure if you saw my post on page 25 of 150 of other thread, but we too had the same leak into the day head from an ice maker leak. Our unit pulled right out as Art described and is not sealed to the walls/floor. When you finally break it free, at least you know you probably can just push it back in and not worry about re-sealing it.
    Did just the ice machine enclosure come away from wall, or was it steps and all that came out?
    TommyB
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Did just the ice machine enclosure come away from wall, or was it steps and all that came out?
    Just the ice maker only! I don't think you want to get involved with dismantling the entire console unless absolutely necessary.
    Jon

I knew I read another thread about this once. Here's a few highlights...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffwolf View Post
    BTW, the souce of the water leak was found to be a faulty Aqua Pure water filter on the sink at the station on the port side of the back deck. I still need to investigate how that water was intruding into the house, but at least I am making some progress. Thanks for the help. Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by wgthompson View Post
    My 1991 52CPMY had a similar problem... fortunately she lives under roof and does not normally experience rain, making it difficult to trace. The leaks in and around the aft deck sink/refrigerator are also difficult. Never! accidentally overflow that sink, such as during spring startup of the fresh water system! And don't ask for details.
    "Alchemy" is soon to be available for sale in Kent Island MD
    Jon

10. Re: How to remove Ice Maker enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by jmagel View Post
    Just the ice maker only! I don't think you want to get involved with dismantling the entire console unless absolutely necessary.
    looks to be one big unit. not sure i can get just the icemachine and sink part out without the stairs coming off also.
    I'll dig around some 2morrow.
    If i have to, I'll just cut a hole in the bottom of both and go from there
    TommyB
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net