Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Request permission to come aboard

Ahoy Ladies & Gents,
    I've been lurking for a couple of weeks reading and absorbing all the knowledge and advice on HOF. I'm not an owner yet but am actively searching for a 58' YF on the west coast. Last boat was Chris Commander but always had Hatt envy. I'm from the S.F. Bay Area but have been landlocked in AZ for the past 3 years. Plans are to live aboard and cruise west coast. The 53' MY that just listed in Alameda looks great but I gotta have a cockpit. (love to salmon fish!)

Thanks Sam's and moderators for this great site!

Terry

Re: Request permission to come aboard

Welcome to the asylum, and good luck with your search. There are a number of west coast members on here who could help point you to (or away from) 58YF's in your area. BTW, you would have gotten more welcomes by posting this in the general section. Might wanna try again there.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Wal bust my buttons! That's a mighty nice welcome. And from a 'Senior Member' no less. Kinda like the Captain coming down to the boiler room and wishing the newly enlisted a pleasant cruise. Thanks Freebird. Now I needs to find my boat so I can help bolster this 'recovering' economy like the rest of you.

Thanks again Freebird. I was starting to think I should'a signed off as Casper.

Terry

Yes this forum ROCKS !!!. I found our Hatteras 43 about three years ago and started researching this vessel and brand. I found out how good they are built, then found the HOF. Thats when I actually called one of the members on the phone to ask many questions. Thats when I make the choice to buy a Hatteras. There's a ton of people here that can give you help and advise. For a newbie like me its been a great thing. You will have a great time as well. Welcome. Maybe the moderator can put this in the other category.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Thanks Pate. Glad to hear your search was successful. I like that 'magnawake' moniker. Visions of ' Full throttles! Bassboats be damned!'

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by YBbroke View Post
    Wal bust my buttons! That's a mighty nice welcome. And from a 'Senior Member' no less. Kinda like the Captain coming down to the boiler room and wishing the newly enlisted a pleasant cruise. Thanks Freebird. Now I needs to find my boat so I can help bolster this 'recovering' economy like the rest of you.

Thanks again Freebird. I was starting to think I should'a signed off as Casper.

Terry
    No problem. I saw on another post that you had posted this thread, but I had missed it. Find a nice 58YF over here on the right coast, and you can bolster my economy by hiring me to deliver it to you.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Welcome YB!

Randy what is wrong with a delivery from Fla to the left coast????

We know all the good boats are in Fla right?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    No problem. I saw on another post that you had posted this thread, but I had missed it. Find a nice 58YF over here on the right coast, and you can bolster my economy by hiring me to deliver it to you.
    I'll give that some consideration. The selection is definitely better over there. Question for you: there is a 53' MY with a 7' cockpit extension. Haven't seen it yet but am wondering if there is a stigma attached to such a modification even if its done professionally. Props and shafts were not extended. I'd definitely have it surveyed by engineer but am mainly thinking resale in the future and limiting my buyer pool. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Terry

BTW the Yachtworld # is 1417-2596419

Quote Originally Posted by YBbroke View Post
    I'll give that some consideration. The selection is definitely better over there. Question for you: there is a 53' MY with a 7' cockpit extension. Haven't seen it yet but am wondering if there is a stigma attached to such a modification even if its done professionally. Props and shafts were not extended. I'd definitely have it surveyed by engineer but am mainly thinking resale in the future and limiting my buyer pool. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Terry
    First, there are others on here who are far more qualified to address such issues, but a 7' extension with the same shaft/propeller location is going to act like a giant trim tab and will affect handling at the dock.

As for resale, I guarantee you the seller is losing his butt in terms of return on investment given the cost for such things. My guess is that it adds zero to the value and might even be a negative. I'd hold out for a 58YF or maybe a 50YF. I just spent the better part of two weeks delivering a 48YF and really liked that boat.

Venture outside this section and ask all the questions you want. There will be plenty of good advice.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93