Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 32 volt searchlight diagram

Mike, you are right. As I worked the motors and the clutches, I found the old clutch grease to be almost hard. Once it was worked and cleaned out, the gears ran freely. The motors were a bit tougher and took a lot of coaxing to get going.
    On another note, I am now looking for the searchlight mounting base. This is the one that bolts through the flybridge face, that the searchlight sits on. (See picture and arrow) If any one has one of these, I would be pleased to take it off your hands.
    Attached Images
    Sailor John
    Mad Hatter
    38' Double Cabin Flybridge

For what it’s worth, mine is mounted on a 1" slab of teak that is secured to the brow (probably with 5200) rather up on a pedestal as shown in the picture. If you can’t find that pedestal, you can improvise. I’m not sure what the advantage would be for having to mount it a foot higher than the brow. For that matter, is there any reason it can’t be mounted directly to the brow, and exclude one more thing on the boat that needs to be washed, polished, painted/varnished, caulked, etc.?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Interesting thought Ang....
    Not being a fan of wood-maintenance, perhaps even a stainless 'shelf' properly secured might work too...
    If I can find the 'real' Hatteras mount though, that would be pretty awesome.
    Thanks for the suggestion,
    Sailor John
    Sailor John
    Mad Hatter

Maybe it's the angle of the pic but it doesn't look to me like there is enough of an eyebrow there to mount the searchlight and that's why it is mounted to the forward slope of the fly bridge. But if there really is room on the eyebrow, then I agree, it could be mounted the same way it is on a 53/58, as Ang mentioned.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Ang,
    It looks like yours is mounted on a nearly flat surface. (And yes, it is the same light!). Unfortunately on the 38, there is little room to do anything except to mount it on the slope of the bridge. Not the end of the world, but it sure would be nice to have the original base.
    OR, I could buy a bigger boat....Hmmmm...that's the ticket....
    John
    Sailor John
    Mad Hatter

maybe this will help

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Does anyone have the diagram on a Jabco 41120-1021 searchlight that possibly shows how the gear mechanisms are installed (exploded view) I took the bottom motor and gear assembly out and think I have it back correctly but not sure. Is there a way to know how tight the shafts should be adjusted. Also is LB Harvey the only place I can get parts? If anyone has an old 32V 41120-1021 lying around if your not asking to much I would buy for parts.Silence of the Clams.jpg
    "SILENCE OF THE CLAMS"

Hello I'm looking for the wiring diagram of the 32 volt searchlight.

Good news, looks like the 32volt bulbs have come down in price quite a bit!

But the Rayline searchlight on my newly acquired 1978 58YF is completely dead.

I'm in. I have one up on the tower of my new '84 52C and agree that big light is worth a rebuild.

Of course, I'm only just bringing the boat home tomorrow, finally. So, this might be down the list a bit...because the list of stuff to do is getting very, very long. But I can't wait to shine it up.