Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Re: 1993 46C for sale - open to trades

Chris, I think you should keep your boat and run her as is. You clearly enjoy using her and if the DDs are running okay, why repower her now? If you take care of them they will last a long time, and for what you would spend to repower her and all the "while you're in theres" you could run her for a very long time.

I agree that you ought to move the boat if you really want to sell her. But I think you should keep her where she is and just enjoy owning her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tuffy View Post
    I do love the boat, but not sure if I love her enough ($$$) to go through a repower. The snowball effect can get out of control especially with my taste, and the fact that business is really good right now.

The detroits really haven't given me many problems over the years, but it is getting harder to get parts. I might pull her off the market and enjoy until the motors start to act up. Probably will make that call in the next couple months.

I really appreciate all the input from you guys.

Thanks,
    Chris.
    I agree that your biggest problem is location. Tx SF also have the reputation of being run hard. Given the higher hours on your engines, many potential buyers just won't look and don't want to spend the money to get her home. Repower would be tough to justify unless you can keep the total spend down to less than 200K. If you dumped your boat for 100K and took the 350K you'll spend on a C18 repower, you could buy a late 90's to early '00s 50C withe either 3412 or 3406 Cats. Great boat that would be easier to sell and return more of your investment if and when you decide to sell. That being said, I'd love to see a pair of C18s in your boat and Im putting in my request to be on the list for a ride!
    Jack Sardina

Lightbulb Re: 1993 46C for sale - open to trades

Sale pending... sea trial tomorrow.

Got HAMMERED drunk on the boat last night probably for the last time. Just had to finish off that bottle of tequila...

Best of luck! whats next?
    Jack Sardina

Keep us posted and don't disappear from the HOF. We have a lot of esteemed former Hatteras owners here....

Well,
    She is gone. New owner has done more little things in 2 weekends than I could accomplish in the last 6 months!

He's a good guy, and I feel good that she has gone to a good home. He and his wife are at a different stage in life... kids grown!

My wife is due with our second child June 10th, so it is somewhat of a relief that the boat is gone before then.

Anyhow, I'm going to sit on the sidelines for a little while and throw money at my friends with boats!

Take care, and I'll be lurking around the HOF.
    Mr. Tuffy

Don't disappear, Chris. And if you're in the area, let me know, please.