Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: 1993 46C for sale - open to trades

Rough life.

So how did the trip go? Or is it this weekend?

The tournament got cancelled due to weather, but we did go do a little "pre-fishing" before it got called off.
    Ended up with 6 YFT up to about 80 lbs., one really nice dorado about 35 lbs. , and hooked a blue marlin that measured out at 108" LJFL... pretty fat so she was easily 450 lbs.

Have another tournament coming up, so hopefully we'll have some better pics this go round.

Boat is in the yard now having the dripless packings replaced. Hose clamp failed on a booze cruise and caused the water supply to be kinked off. Burnt up the plastic housing on the port side. Good news is that the bottom looked great, and the propspeed is holding up REALLY well. Very well worth the money IMHO.

Tight lines,
    Chris.tuna killers.jpg

Smile Re: 1993 46C for sale - open to trades

UPDATE

Well after a 3 week stay in the yard, she is back in the water. The coupling on the port shaft had COMPLETELY froze, so we had no option but to cut the shaft and start over!

SO, new propshaft on the port side, new coupler on the port side, new dripless with new crossover plumbing. Whoever buys this boat will not have to worry about this stuff for a LONG time. The previous owner used the wrong size hose to begin with which is why the flow got restricted in the first place. OJ's marine noticed this right from the start and we replumbed both shaft seals, and the crossover.

Finally getting some action on this listing though, and probably should! I've spent $20K this year in the yard!!!

Is it still available?

Yes, still available for now. Have one interested party right now that has a trade, hoping to make some numbers work this week.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. Most people don't like her becuase of the hours/power, or the light colored interior. I figure they are tire kickers anyway. Had a TON of folks with NO MONEY come take a look.

Looking for an offer... any offer...

I guess the DDEC's and light interior are scaring people off.

Tough market.

MAYBE I need to just repower her and keep her for the long haul. Anyone know if C-18's would fit in this boat? Think I'm looking at $350ish by the time the dust settles more/less?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tuffy View Post

Tough market.

MAYBE I need to just repower her and keep her for the long haul. Anyone know if C-18's would fit in this boat? Think I'm looking at $350ish by the time the dust settles more/less?
    They should but it would be tight and you'll need new running gear unless you go real shallow with the reduction gear. She would be fast. A pair of 715hp qsm11'S would be a nice package. Much more room in the ER and would give you better performance and fuel economy than the Detroits.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tuffy View Post

Tough market.

Seems like the lack of possible buyers has you rethinking what you want to do with your boat. From the pictures you've posted it looks to be very nice, with good updates, and I believe has a fair asking price. I DON'T think the problem is the DDEC's, Light Interior, the Price, the market, or anything to do with the boat in general. I think your problem is the location. If the boat was anywhere on the east coast, especially south Florida I think it would've been sold or at minimum had more qualified, interested people looking at it. If you really WANT to sell it I'd recommend moving it to Fort Lauderdale. If your not in a hurry or don't want to assume the expense of moving it then unfortunately you will have to wait for one the the fewer Buyers in that area to stumble across it. When most people from other parts of the country travel to look at boats they travel to Ft. Lauderdale where there are many to look at. Where your boat is located there are very few. They'll look at all the others in one place 1st "Fort Lauderdale" and only if they don't find what thy're looking for will they come to see yours. Also you will not have many brokers pushing your boat either because they don't want to travel all that way 2 to 3 time for $150K deal, a few Million maybe, but not $150K.
    They will just keep looking for local boats to sell a guy. Also a $150K buyer might not want to assume the transport expense either when there maybe another comprable boat nearby. The transport cost of a less expensive boat pecentage wise is much higher compared to a high dollar boat. That $150K boat just turned into $160K by the time it gets home.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it works out for you with whatever you decide.

Tony

I do love the boat, but not sure if I love her enough ($$$) to go through a repower. The snowball effect can get out of control especially with my taste, and the fact that business is really good right now.

The detroits really haven't given me many problems over the years, but it is getting harder to get parts. I might pull her off the market and enjoy until the motors start to act up. Probably will make that call in the next couple months.

I really appreciate all the input from you guys.

Thanks,
    Chris.