Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water Leak

Water Leak

I've got a pressure water leak that appears to be coming from the Galleymaid pressure switch. When the system is pressurized water spews from the switch assembly box.. Anybody else have this issue? And what did u do to fix it? I saw SAMs carries the switch, but could I not cap it and rely on the 60psi cutoff built into the AC pump. I always thought the Galleymaid switch was for the 32v pump, although the gauge reads the system pressure from either source.. .?.

Re: Water Leak

The Galley Maid switch is the same as the shallow well pump. Galley maid turns the pressure down to about 32 psi.
    I like to not let the pressure go over 50 psi on the shallow well pump.

Is it repairable, or just R&R? .. SAMs is cheap, $75, but given that I never use the Galleymaid pump, could I just cap it off?

Got in to my water leak, and it was the galleymaid pressure regulator. There is a small bleed hole that was blowing. My temporary solution was simple to cut the 1/2 tubing and putting on a compression fitting on one end and a cap on the other. Im going to install a 3/8 ball valve and a new galleymaid switch. If it leaks again, I'll have a shutoff valve.
    Attached Images