Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Cockpit Freezer Meltdown

The cockpit freezer on my '85 45C stopped running at some point this week. How does one trouble shoot this gizmo?

If it is on the breaker panel, it is not labled.....any help appreciated

Re: Cockpit Freezer Meltdown

mine is the spare breaker at the bottom of my pannel

Is that on the DC panel ?

4. Re: Cockpit Freezer Meltdown

The compressor is in the engine room on the starboard aft bulkhead.

The evaporator is in the box.

Check the electrical first. It is also possible the capillary tube (thermostat) for it has failed; if so, it will not cycle on even though it has power.

If the compressor has failed it can be replaced, but you will need to get someone out there to do it, as this is a split system and there will be pipe soldering plus evacuation and recharging of the system necessary.

Hope there wasn't bait in it when it failed - it truly sucks when that happens.

There was and it created maximum low pressure

Genesis, where is the breaker for this on Gigabite?

6. Re: Cockpit Freezer Meltdown

On the AC panel, labelled (factory) - apparently was a factory-ordered option on mine.

Sucks on the bait. Haven't had that experience on my boat yet, but did on a friend's. Needed a gas mask to clean it out.... and a LOT of bleach. Made some "friends" at the marina doing it too....

Yup, it's on the AC Panel, 2nd from the bottom.....nothing like reading it
    on the factory tag. Anyway, opening and closing the breaker has not resulted in any action so I guess it is on to plan B.