Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

General Information

I have ask the members for some general information sutch as

Where to have a altinator repaired
    where can i find a good DD mechanic in NC
    Where can i find a person to cut glass for my hatt
    Who is a good painter in SC

on and on I keep seeing grate answers and i am seeing some of the HOF guys leaving Boating for many reasons and their many years of experience going with them.

WONDERING IF WE COULD START ANOTHER HEADIND LISTING REPAIR MEN AND DD PARTS PEOPLE AND COMPANIES ALSO AIR CONDITION PEOPLE IN CERTAIN PORTS AND SUTCH
    i REALLY HATE TO SEE ALL THIS INFORMATION LOST.

jUST A SUGGESTION IT WOULD NICE TO LOOK UP NAMES AND NUMBERS SO MANY HOFERS HAVE SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE MAYBEE IT COULD BE CALLED HATTERAS REPAIR INFO BY STATE AND PORT

Tim
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 07-02-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Re: General Information

I am with Tim on this one. As the "seasoned" owners leave a fair amount of their knowledge goes with them.

I would like to see threads just for the following items:

Detroit Engines..........a good share of these boats are powered with them. Other power options if there is a need.

Electrical..........Never enough information on this subject especially for amperage retards like me!

Accessories.......I will never have a washer and dryer but sharing the info is crucial. I still owe Greg Harrington dinner for the Fridge info!

And for all you computer savvy folks out there yes I know you can search the site for some of this stuff. I am of the age that I learned computers out of self defense and what takes some seconds takes me hours and sometimes days.

This is a fantastic site and it has saved me several thousand while learning about our boat. I will support SAM's and this site until it is my time to go ashore for good.

Many thanks to all