Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Help!-Frigidaire refrigerator replacement?

The refrigerator on my 43 DC (Frigidaire FPI-152TS)which measures 30wx60h and with the doors off I think can go through sideways (depth) the entryway which is just under 24". We haven't been able to find a replacement that will work and Sam's couldn't come up with one and suggested I ask here. Anyone found something?

I'm in Seattle where we have about 125 Hats in the NW and had 28 at our last Rendevous and look forward to the next one which I will post.

Dan

Re: Help!-Frigidaire refrigerator replacement?

For my 53EDMY, I found a replacement from US Appliance. I just kept looking on-line at all the specifications until I found one that would fit. I ended up with an LG side-by-side.

I think the web site was www.us-appliance.com

The old fridge, however, would not come out without cutting it up with the sawzall.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 10-14-2005 at 09:18 PM.

3. Re: Help!-Frigidaire refrigerator replacement?

I found a replacement for mine at Home Depot, believe it or not!

There was exactly ONE - a GE OEM "house brand" - that would clear. The issue with my boat was depth - the newer refers have more insulation in them (thank the government for energy efficiency standards on that) which means that they've gotten deeper over the years - not good!

Found it though, and took care of it... thank God.

If depth is an issue, look for a "counter-top" depth model. They are popular now for that built-in look.

5. Re: Help!-Frigidaire refrigerator replacement?

Yeah, what you tend to run into with those though is that they're too wide. The OEM on mine was pretty standard on width and height, but was the "older design" in terms of depth (meaning not as deep) - and the hullside got in the way of anything deeper.

No way to fix THAT - so I had to find something that would fit. It was not an easy job..... hopefully it won't break for another 20 years

I've got a 43' too waiting for this to happen, as well. Try looking at a GE GTS12BBPLWW. This one looks as if it will make through the hole. Will

You might look on the web for Summit applicances. They are commercial grade (hotel, hospital) that come in a variety of sizes and I think can be custom built, if nothing else fits. A friend of mine put two of them (reefer and freezer) in, under the counter, in his vintage Matthews, and they look and work great. They are not particularly cheap, but the quality is first class.

Dan: I'd be interested in the next rendevous. Please post it.

Dick

We replaced our frig last year with one from Best Buy...Hahn is the make I believe. It was an "apartment model"....9.1 cubic feet. However, with the doors off (both frig and boat), it slides in at 23 inches...which gives you 1/4 inch clearance when you come down the entry way! We run it while underway on a 1200 watt inverter which handles the frig and our stereo with no problem. I am not sure if they still carry that make but they have others which have the same dimensions. Price was just under $350. Also...easy carry down the stairs. Good luck.

10. Re: Help!-Frigidaire refrigerator replacement?

I just had to do this about 2 months ago. I found one that fit at HomeDepot too. It actually cleared by about and 1/8th of an inch with the doors off. It has to go in sideways and the have the doors put back on. There is not exactly a lot of room for this in the galley.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website