Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Replacement to a gallymaid water pump

What would be an equivalent to A gallymaid water pump. Sent mine to gallymaid for burnt motor and they are waiting for and armature to come in, Need A back-up plan in case they cant fix it.

Thanks

Re: Replacement to a gallymaid water pump

What voltage? That will determine a lot. The first folks I'd call if in your position would be Depco in Florida and get their advice.
    Raz marine in Ft Lauderdale is a good source for rebuilt Galley Maid pumps and others. I got one from them five years ago and it has held up well to pretty regular use. You might also consider getting an AC shallow well pump as an addition to add on for when your GM comes back. They are great at delivering pressure and gives you both an AC and DC solution.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

It is a 12 volt pump. Thanks, if the gallymaid people can't fix it ill give them a call.

I have a 12 volt GM head pump that runs fine, but I don't need it. You'd obviously want to spiff it up a bit, but my understanding is that the water and waste pumps are the same, just different end parts. Let me know if you'd be interested in it. I'll take a fair price, plus shipping from Daytona area.
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

I second George's response. a Dayton 110volt shallow well pump from Grainger does a great job, and the impeller won't burn up if run dry. Not so with the GM, particularly with guests on board taking princess showers. The dayton comes with a pressure switch, and it is great to have both. For whatever reason, we have had more failures in this system than i would have ever guessed.

I met some liveaboards years ago on a Hatt in the Bahamas, and they had 3 Dayton 110volt pumps. 2 installed and one in the box. That was their insurance against no running water. inverter and 2 gens probably helped too. There are cheaper ones out there, and perhaps they work as well.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

If you want to stick with 12 volts, dc, Groco makes excellent FW pumps. They are completely rebuildable. They aren't cheap, but they work well and they are solidly made in the USA of quality materials. Highly recommended. The one I have now was the last one I bought and it's been on the boat for eight or ten years now. I think I have a WPO 80 or something like that. Their big one is the Paragon- also comes in 120vac I think as well.

Another very high quality option, albeit pricey, is headhunter pumps.

http://www.headhunterinc.com/Product...mps/index.html

I have their Mach 5 pump which is 110v and I have it tied in to my inverter. It is so reliable (installed in 2007 in daily use... not one problem.) that I have removed the DC backup to make room.

It is so efficient that you don't need an expansion tank and is amazingly quiet as well.

They make 12/24v pumps as well that are similarly well made.
    Shawn
    58 MY

Quote Originally Posted by seacolt View Post
    What would be an equivalent to A gallymaid water pump. Sent mine to gallymaid for burnt motor and they are waiting for and armature to come in, Need A back-up plan in case they cant fix it.

Thanks
    I have a 12V GM with the tank in my storage somewhere. As I remember it has little or no use on it. If you are interested I will take $100 plus ship.