Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Need Rudder indicator gage

Raritan Engineering made two rudder displays. Both will work from the same sender and sender box.
    Sadly, the displays are not interchangeable. Either two edge meters like SeaEric's model, or two of the big analog meters. Never one and the other.
    Been here, tried that, lost my T shirt..

My boat doesn’t have this, someone just put in a blank, I’d sure like to have one for maneuvering. How complicated would this be to put back? Or I have a ray marine autopilot, do they make one I can use that would be plug n play on sea talk?

My Garmin A/P has rudder angle on the display. Not sure about others.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    My Garmin A/P has rudder angle on the display. Not sure about others.
    The raymarine one in Mad Hatt does too, but I end up having to wait while the autopilot boots up along with the chartplotter so you don’t get a bunch of alarms for no gps, no heading data, no speed data, etc. Using the pilot head for that is a hassle compared to a dedicated gauge that sits there always on.

Quote Originally Posted by lhickey View Post
    We have been looking for this gauge for a while. Our offer is $100. Thanks

Mike Hickey
    Hattitude
    Hi Mike, I looked all over for it and can't lay my hands on it. Sorry. Not sure where it went.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by captbuddy View Post
    Does anyone have a working usable rudder indicator gage. Mind got water in it and it is not working. Called the company and ask if it was suppose to be waterproof and they said no. Well, my flybridge is not enclosed. Need to figure out what to do when I get another one if it is not waterproof.
    Thanks,
    captbuddy
    I have a Raritan Rudder Indicator Gauge as per the attached pics. It was in working order when removed from my boat recently. $100 CDN plus shipping if you're still interested.
    Hole size is 2-3/4"
    Attached Images
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"