Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noreaster

Re: Noreaster

Al,

You might want to rethink those plans. Forecast for Fri and Sat is 20-25kt winds and 8ft-13ft seas. Not the type of weather you plan to go out in.

Jack Sardina

Hey, Bertramp, tell Nancy "hi" for us from Skamm Too. We'll be in the area Thanksgiving weekend by car for a couple of days.

Have a good off-season.

K

I too will be in the area thanksgiving weekend. The Saturday nite is the closing of "La Superica" for the season ...... if you've never been there .. GREAT SPOT !!

Jack,
    I'm holding off until next week. They are expecting 40 mph winds off Jersey the next few days.
    Other than topping off with fuel she is ready to make the trip.
    Al

We let cabin fever get the best of us and dashed out when the sun FINALLY started showing itself again here in D.C. Our task, on hold for the past two weeks, was to move Waveaway up the Potomac (from Annapolis)where she will spend the winter (gets her closer where I can "play" on the weekends). Trip down to the mouth of the Potomac was small craft warning fun...nuttin' for a Hat (wife unit was green). Got up this AM for a easy jaunt up the river and ran into the TEETH of 30G40 Knots...with an incoming tide. Waves must have been one foot apart with some close to 5ft...Waveaway just kept on heading. However, wife was/is less than pleased. What...we made it didn't we? Lesson learned...boat can take more than my wife. Good luck later this week on your move.
    George