Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Getting rid of shoe scuff marks

ditto the spray9. If you have that you can throw everything else away. I use it for everything from degreasing engines to cleaning headliners.

What is the price of a can of this stuff and how big are the cans? Will it catch fire? I clean the whole boat with Mean Green. Not Simple Green. Simple Green does not work. Mean Green also removes bird crap and won't catch fire. I won't use anything to clean with that will burn. It cost about $2.50 to wash the boat. Use whatever YOU like. Bill

Spray-9

It's made by a company called Knights. As the above post states it cleans everything. It is not a petroleum product, does not burn, unless you get it in your eyes, does not seem to bother skin, I use it to wash my hands. It doesn't bleach or stain clothing. It's unbelievable on stained vinyl cushions, I have a Boston Whaler Outrage with white upholstery and white bolsters, it makes them look like brand new. Those black marks that run down the side of your hull where the water drains from the deck, wipes them right off.

It comes in a plastic quart spray or 1 gallon jug. You use it straight. I think Power Boat Reports gave it a very high rating. It's pretty expensive, maybe $8.99 a quart. I found out about it through our detail shop about 25 years ago when it was only available in 50 gallon drums. In the last 15 years it's become available on the open market. The marine and household grades seem the same to me. It's also a very powerful disinfectant, it makes the head area smell clean and fresh. If you spray it on your deck or non skid it will scrub up to a nice foam and when rinsed everything looks new.
    Drawbacks: It will take wax off immediately. If you wax your boat and spray this stuff on straight, it will take the wax right off. I re waxing when this happens, just kind of spot it in.
    Lastly, it's a great insect killer, spiders, wasps, bees, gets them all and makes them clean too.

Have Fun.
    Tony D