Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

fuel priming pump

looking for information on an inline fuel priming pump

Re: fuel priming pump

Walbro is the Hatteras OEM pump for priming. Available from Depco at http://www.depcopump.com/.

If you have 32v, then forget the Walbro. They are no longer made. Oberdorpher makes a 32vdc version and Depco sells it. The price is about $300. I have been looking for one myself the last few days.

If anyone has a source for some 32vdc Walbro's, I am willing to purchase 3 or 4. Thanks
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

If it's really just for priming and refilling RACORs when you change elements, you can get a manual pump. My boat has a little 3 inch hand pump in the fuel line before the RACOR on both sides. It just takes a minute of pumping to refill. Then put the top on and pump a little more and it reprimes. Simple and no electrical wires or motors to mess with.

Doug Shuman

A 120v pump is another option. We usually use these pumps when we are at the dock anyway, changing filters, etc.

This may sound like a stupid answer but how about a 2 gallon can od diesel fuel in the engine room. Works for me on those time my filters clog offshore.
    JW