Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    Soffer Guest

Other Discussion Forums

I've got to say this is the best boating discussion group I have found on the web. I've yet to find another site which offers anything (except maybe www.yachtsurvey.com and boatdiesel.com ) close to the information offered here.

Does anyone know of other sites which I should add to my "Favorites" list which provide similar insight to owning & maintaining classic powerboats? If so, please provide link.

Thanks

PascalG Guest

other forums...

www.boatus.com and www.boatered.com (or www.boated.com for the faster loading version)

boatered is run by www.boatfix.com which has excellent prices and great customer service on accessories and electronics....

there are other forums out there but they are more small boat oriented.

pascal
    1970 53 MY

Genesis Guest

Beware...

... that boatered has been known to remove comments (and even posters) that are critical of items that Boatfix "pushes".

I have personal experience with this.

Bob Bradley Guest

Boatered

I like Boatered, and participate there. That said, you can post "www.boatered.com" here, and it will be left here, but if you post "www.samsmarine.com" there, it will be deleted. It's a little annoying at times, but I've also posted notes that say something like "see if you can figure out the URL for the 'BOATDIESEL' " website, and that usually gets left alone. The level of general boating information, and the absence of bashing and baiting is above average at Boatered - it's well monitored and policed - and that's why I keep going back there.
    Bob

evenkeel canary69 Guest

another discussion forum

Over the past year and a half of looking for a boat in late 60's early 70's vintage, I came across several informational websites. One of the better ones was the Chris Craft Commander Club website. I recently purchased a 1969 41' Twin Cabin HAtteras, but it has twin 427 Chris Craft engines, so I still go back to the website and search on specific questions I may have on the engines. I usually recieve a minimum of 5 responses to my questions.

I love my Hatteras