Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Cant give these boats away ?

I ve seen a few of your posts complaining about having a hard time to sell but, correct me if i m wrong, i have yet to see a proper listing, with specs, pictures, information... Listing the year and an email or phone number saying call me for pictures doesn't make people believe you are serious about selling.

eBay isn't the right place to sell a boat that size, yes you may get lucky but yacht world is where people look first...

Location may help, but a good listing, with GOOD pictures, specs, and an attractive price will get people to look at the boat even if it is a bit out of the way.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

FWIW I went looking for pictures and specs last night and could not find them. Not piling on here just stating the facts.

This is the point many here have been making. Without a comprehensive listing on a site that gets a lot of traffic, buyers may not find your boat. The site also has a lot to do with it too. As stated many times here, big boats that are listed on ebay don't get the same buyers or give credibility to the listing. Your location may be hurting you but probably not as much as your marketing is. I traveled to the west coast of Fl for my boat and I live in NJ. I know many who travel for the right boat and a fresh water boat has many advantages that will warrant the travel. I'm sure we all remember the '87 55C Material Girl that was for sale a few years back. That boat was marketed so poorly and bizarrely that many wrote the boat off as being junk or having significant issues. That was a very nice, clean low hour boat. Poor choices by the owner and even worse by the broker made for a very difficult sale. She finally sold after about 4 years but should have easily sold for more money sooner. Proof of that would be the buyer that finally bought her put her back on the market a little over a year later and sold her within 6 months, and that was when the market was far worse. Don't make the same mistakes and give an otherwise good boat a stigma that will be hard to get rid off. Best of luck with the sale, from the pics I've seen and other's accounts, she seems like one of the better 53 Classics and priced attractively.
    Jack Sardina

If someone offers 155k,?

For what? Is it not clear that you need to post a real listing, some pictures, etc. here? Your boat may be the best one out there, but $155.00 may be too much if she's a total pig. No way to tell without a real listing more pictures.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Thanks for piling on North Easter,lol

Do you all buy your vehicles at your local car dealer,or go to the bigger cities ?

That's cute. Local, but not from an add 6 words long. Show some pics...I bet they would be eye candy.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

People THAT have been interested,I have sent many pics and info to ?

How much info do you need to buy a Mercedes-Benz,if that's what your looking for ?