Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Cant give these boats away ?

Sounds like you have it all figured out. Good luck.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

It's a tough market and even tougher on these old boats. Common sense would dictate that if what you're doing isn't working, then you need to try something else. You'll have to weigh the cost of moving the boat to a better location of selling it for less and staying where you are. It sounds like you have a nice boat and your price is reasonable. Have you tried using a broker who may not be in your area, but knows and regularly sells these boats? Maybe even someone in the Great Lakes? I know a few here in NJ who recently bought boats or are looking. They've been buying boats from Fl to MI. I would think the right buyer would be willing to head up to Alexandria Bay or Oswego to see your boat. If it's not out on the common websites like yachtworld your greatly cutting your chances of selling her.
    Jack Sardina

There are more buyers here and points South than where you are, Phil. I remember this boat; it was a jewel when I saw it, but values have dropped a lot and everyone knows what diesel costs. Move it now before crude oil prices go up again, and get it sold down here.

As far as having to do things that come up on a survey, there are at least as many qualified service people in this area as there are where your boat now berths, and a good broker will supervise that for you if it's needed.

Good luck with this, it sounds like it's time to turn the page.

I guess you can do anything you out your mind to. Keep trying to sell her on the net. So much can be done with internet access Dody

http://www.cracked.com/article_19218...ly-worked.html
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Well, Phil, if you moved the boat here, it wouldn't HAVE to be moved back to NY state, because it would sell here. After all, it sold here before, didn't it?

Philmeup,

You figured the cost of moving it to a better selling location. But also figure your holding cost. In other words what is your monthly ownership costs regardless of whether the boat moves out of the slip and if you assume it will take you 10 more months to sell it where it is fiqure that cost into the whole equation. Also I think you are going to have survey deductions wherever the boat is located. I bought my present boat at the top of the market back in 07 and I sold my old boat at what I then thought was a giveaway price. It is a decision I have never regretted. Good luck.

Thanks motoryacht
    I have figured the monthly expenses,and am quite comfortable to let the boat go at this price,so I will not be moving it back south,someone who knows these boats,will see this as good deal?
    Thanks again Phil

Well, we'd all like to see you prevail on this, and get your boat sold, and I for one hope you prove me wrong. As said above, best of luck on this. I haven't seen your boat in years, but when I did, she was very nice indeed, and if she is still in that shape, someone ought to want her.

Thanks for all the input,and she's still in fine shape

so what are you asking for the boat?