Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cant give these boats away ?

One bite on Ebay,trying to sell it on the internet,big zero !!!

Re: Cant give these boats away ?

We don't see any good coming from listing boats on e-pawn or dreggs list. Usually gets lower offers on the yachtworld listings too when they figure out its the same boat.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

What options do you have ?

I want to sell the boat,do not care where,who or how the boat is sold,pretty basic ?

Your problem Phil is geography. If you keep putting her out there at these low asking prices, you destroy your options for listing later at the asking price where she should be with a broker. You're your own worst enemy.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    We don't see any good coming from listing boats on e-pawn or dreggs list. Usually gets lower offers on the yachtworld listings too when they figure out its the same boat.
    Precisely.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

We spend a lot of money on magazine ads and other advertising. We also spend time with both sellers to establish reasonable expectations and buyers to put them in front of the right boats. Its a crazy year so far but we still have boats selling.

On thing we offer in our area is services. Being able to maintain the boat when its for sale is important. Showing it in the right condition also helps.

If you want to sell you need to get it to stand out and diy is not going to attract the right type of buyers. Get a good broker and let them do their job.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I just sold a boat I had listed for 2 years. Not our Hatt, but a great Sabre sailboat. Similar build quality, following and buyer profile. I echo the 2 themes here. Hire a good broker, and move the boat if necessary to a marina with lots of infrastructure including a nearby airport. My boat sold because I was willing to pay to move it to Charleston just for the survey. That 600 bucks got me a buyers survey totaling 11 pages, and only asked for a $500 deduct. A low price alone only attracts fleas. Market price, transparency, and reasonable outfitters nearby for improvements to make the new Admiral happy are a must. Make it easy for the new buyer to outsouce and be happy. My $0.02. Good luck.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

How much money,is it going to cost me ,to move it back to MD,dockage fees,asking 200k ?,plus brokerage fees, survey,which will entail,all the things wrong,with a 30 year old boat,and when the survey says it needs,etc aka,I 10-15k, I'll have to bring it back here for the usual storage,my common sense,other, than never wanting to buy this in the first place,tells me,I am on my own to find the best deal possible here,unless someone can explain it to me !!!

Plus I really,don't care who buys it ?