Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1998 Hatteras 39SX - Last of It's Kind For Sale

“Stars & Stripes”
    1998 Hatteras 39SX
    Deale, Maryland
    $185,000

“Stars & Stripes” is the last Hatteras of its kind. Built only from 1995-1998, this unique Hatteras is the last 39SX hull ever made and is well equipped for cruising or fishing offshore. She's in excellent condition and very well cared for, including a new barrier coat on the hull to thorough maintenance on the engines. Her 465 HP Detroit 6-71 TI diesel engines with 1625 hours on Port Engine and 1801 hours on starboard engine provide a 26 knot cruising speed and top out at 29. She's the best in her class when it comes to style and stability, built with moderate beam, a flared bow and a solid fiberglass bottom. This 39SX also features a custom hard top with fully enclosed party size bridge deck, large cockpit with an in-deck fishbox, molded tackle center, transom door, and direct access to the engine room. An exceptional opportunity to buy a turn-key premium quality Hatteras express for immediate delivery.

Stars & Stripes is seriously for sale and is being listed by the owner with brokers welcome. Conveniently located in Deale, Maryland (Just south of Annapolis). Bring Offers!!!

ACCOMMODATIONS
    This vessel boasts the popular layout for Hatteras Express models. The stateroom features an open bulkhead creating a large living space below. Includes an offset double berth, hanging locker, and drawer storage. The dinette table seats 4, and will convert to sleep 1. The settee to port has a pullman bunk to sleep 2, and storage under. The entertainment center features TV, DVD, stereo with 12-disc CD changer and Bose speaker system. Vacu-flush head with stall shower.

• Head w/ Stall Shower
    • Large Dinette
    • Entertainment Center
    • Cruisair Air Conditioning/Heat

GALLEY
    A fully-equipped galley with all the necessary appliances, ample refrigeration, good storage space, and an upgraded fresh water system. Corian countertop and dinette table provide an elegant look and feel.

• Dual Electric Burner Cooktop
    • Fresh Water System w/water heater
    • AC/DC Refrigerator and Freezer
    • Microwave-Convection Oven

DECK & HULL
    The Bridge deck offers air conditioned/heated living space as well as the platform for fishing or cruising. It features a separate stereo system, wet bar with bottle locker, plumbed for ice-maker, and additional storage. The L-shaped lounge seat portside lifts on gas shocks to access rod storage under. It has carpet for a finished look and feel, as well as noise reduction. Bridge is fully enclosed, curtains on three sides EZ2CY and Strataglass aft, they can be opened and snapped to the hardtop.

• Cruisair Air Conditioner/Heat
    • Rupp Outriggers & Center Rigger
    • 6 Clear Away Rod Holders
    • 6 Gunnel Mounted Rod Holders
    • 4-Rod Rocket Launcher
    • Tackle Center w/ Storage
    • Bait Prep Station & Sink
    • Built-In Fishbox w/ Macerator
    • Transom Door
    • Swim Platform & Ladder
    • Freshwater & Saltwater Washdown
    • Cockpit Tonneau Cover
    • Anchor with Windlass

ELECTRONICS
    The boat is equipped with a full electronics package for cruising and fishing.

• Simrad AP 20 Autopilot
    • Standard VHF Radio
    • Ritchie Compass
    • Furuno FCV582 Fishfinder w/500 Watt Dual Frequency
    • Furuno 1831 Radar 62 Mile
    • Dual Northstar 952XD Color GPS-Chart Plotters
    • GPS & Autopilot Interface System
    • Standard Digital Depth Sounder
    • ACR Search Light w/ Dual Remote Touch Pads
    • Glendinning Engine Synchronizer
    • EPIRB

ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
    • (2) Battery Banks
    • Glendinning Cablemaster
    • Battery Parallel Switch
    • Dytek Battery Charger
    • 8 KW Onan Generator w/ Sound Shield

ENGINE ROOM / MECHANCIAL
    • Twin Detriot Diesel 6-71 TI's 465 HP Each (1,625 hrs on Port & 1,801 hrs on Starboard)
    • Freshwater Cooling System
    • Hydraulic Steering
    • SeaLand Vacu-Flush Head System
    • Holding Tank and Overboard Discharge
    • Bennett Trim Tabs
    • Hatteras Alarm System
    • Bilge Blowers w/ Halon Override
    • Engine Room Sound Insulation
    • Racor Fuel Filters
    • AC & DC Engine Room Lighting
    • Halon Fire Control System
    • Oil Transfer System
    • Glendinning Engine Synchronizers
    • ZF IRM-301A-2 Gears w/ 2.9:1 Ratio
    • Walker Airseps-Air Filtration System
    • Block Heaters
    • Rollo 5 Blade Propellers

She was just launched on April 30th. Please contact me at (202)344-7282 if you're interested in viewing pics or have additional questions, I just took a number of them but unfortunatley this is only my third post on this forum and you need to post at least 5 before attachments are allowed.
    Attached Images

Re: 1998 Hatteras 39SX - Last of It's Kind For Sale

More Pics...
    Attached Images

And more... Need to take a few of the engine room and post.
    Attached Images

She's a looker! Nice ride.
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

For what it's worth, I keep coming back to this thread. Love your boat!!!!
    Paul
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Quote Originally Posted by Stars&Stripes View Post
    “Stars & Stripes”
    1998 Hatteras 39SX
    Deale, Maryland
    $185,000

“Stars & Stripes” is the last Hatteras of its kind. Built only from 1995-1998, this unique Hatteras is the last 39SX hull ever made and is well equipped for cruising or fishing offshore. She's in excellent condition and very well cared for, including a new barrier coat on the hull to thorough maintenance on the engines. Her 465 HP Detroit 6-71 TI diesel engines with 1625 hours on Port Engine and 1801 hours on starboard engine provide a 26 knot cruising speed and top out at 29. She's the best in her class when it comes to style and stability, built with moderate beam, a flared bow and a solid fiberglass bottom. This 39SX also features a custom hard top with fully enclosed party size bridge deck, large cockpit with an in-deck fishbox, molded tackle center, transom door, and direct access to the engine room. An exceptional opportunity to buy a turn-key premium quality Hatteras express for immediate delivery.

Stars & Stripes is seriously for sale and is being listed by the owner with brokers welcome. Conveniently located in Deale, Maryland (Just south of Annapolis). Bring Offers!!!

ACCOMMODATIONS
    This vessel boasts the popular layout for Hatteras Express models. The stateroom features an open bulkhead creating a large living space below. Includes an offset double berth, hanging locker, and drawer storage. The dinette table seats 4, and will convert to sleep 1. The settee to port has a pullman bunk to sleep 2, and storage under. The entertainment center features TV, DVD, stereo with 12-disc CD changer and Bose speaker system. Vacu-flush head with stall shower.

• Head w/ Stall Shower
    • Large Dinette
    • Entertainment Center
    • Cruisair Air Conditioning/Heat

GALLEY
    A fully-equipped galley with all the necessary appliances, ample refrigeration, good storage space, and an upgraded fresh water system. Corian countertop and dinette table provide an elegant look and feel.

• Dual Electric Burner Cooktop
    • Fresh Water System w/water heater
    • AC/DC Refrigerator and Freezer
    • Microwave-Convection Oven

DECK & HULL
    The Bridge deck offers air conditioned/heated living space as well as the platform for fishing or cruising. It features a separate stereo system, wet bar with bottle locker, plumbed for ice-maker, and additional storage. The L-shaped lounge seat portside lifts on gas shocks to access rod storage under. It has carpet for a finished look and feel, as well as noise reduction. Bridge is fully enclosed, curtains on three sides EZ2CY and Strataglass aft, they can be opened and snapped to the hardtop.

• Cruisair Air Conditioner/Heat
    • Rupp Outriggers & Center Rigger
    • 6 Clear Away Rod Holders
    • 6 Gunnel Mounted Rod Holders
    • 4-Rod Rocket Launcher
    • Tackle Center w/ Storage
    • Bait Prep Station & Sink
    • Built-In Fishbox w/ Macerator
    • Transom Door
    • Swim Platform & Ladder
    • Freshwater & Saltwater Washdown
    • Cockpit Tonneau Cover
    • Anchor with Windlass

ELECTRONICS
    The boat is equipped with a full electronics package for cruising and fishing.

• Simrad AP 20 Autopilot
    • Standard VHF Radio
    • Ritchie Compass
    • Furuno FCV582 Fishfinder w/500 Watt Dual Frequency
    • Furuno 1831 Radar 62 Mile
    • Dual Northstar 952XD Color GPS-Chart Plotters
    • GPS & Autopilot Interface System
    • Standard Digital Depth Sounder
    • ACR Search Light w/ Dual Remote Touch Pads
    • Glendinning Engine Synchronizer
    • EPIRB

ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
    • (2) Battery Banks
    • Glendinning Cablemaster
    • Battery Parallel Switch
    • Dytek Battery Charger
    • 8 KW Onan Generator w/ Sound Shield

ENGINE ROOM / MECHANCIAL
    • Twin Detriot Diesel 6-71 TI's 465 HP Each (1,625 hrs on Port & 1,801 hrs on Starboard)
    • Freshwater Cooling System
    • Hydraulic Steering
    • SeaLand Vacu-Flush Head System
    • Holding Tank and Overboard Discharge
    • Bennett Trim Tabs
    • Hatteras Alarm System
    • Bilge Blowers w/ Halon Override
    • Engine Room Sound Insulation
    • Racor Fuel Filters
    • AC & DC Engine Room Lighting
    • Halon Fire Control System
    • Oil Transfer System
    • Glendinning Engine Synchronizers
    • ZF IRM-301A-2 Gears w/ 2.9:1 Ratio
    • Walker Airseps-Air Filtration System
    • Block Heaters
    • Rollo 5 Blade Propellers

She was just launched on April 30th. Please contact me at (202)344-7282 if you're interested in viewing pics or have additional questions, I just took a number of them but unfortunatley this is only my third post on this forum and you need to post at least 5 before attachments are allowed.
    I love this boat!

Quote Originally Posted by nor'easter View Post
    For what it's worth, I keep coming back to this thread. Love your boat!!!!
    Paul
    Me too! I have wondered where it ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by aswile View Post
    Me too! I have wondered where it ended up.
    She just sold again in late October 2022 for $55,000. needing engines or overhauls.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    She just sold again in late October 2022 for $55,000. needing engines or overhauls.
    Hopefully the new owner is putting her back together.

Sharp boat, open layout is nicer than mine was with the bifold doors to the forward SR. My old boat is for sale with HMY...maybe I buy her back! Ive had a few express boats, none as solid as that 39 Watt.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)