Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Yellow Hull - Pro's & Con's ?

Hey, Bertramp, is it your boat that's in Sag Harbor? IF so, I was over looking at it this past August when I spent a night in Waterfront.

It's still a good old battlewagon!

K

I hate those Yellow hulls

...and Brooks Brothers suits!
    Gregg Combos
    AWOL, Inc. www.1866myconex.com

Capt. K .... yeah that's me. Thanks, she needs some paint and some TLC, but she's a beast and I love her !
    Were you in Sag Harbor Yacht Club ? .... mid-late August ?
    I commented to someone about a 50 motor yacht, they were surprised that I knew it was a 50 and not a 53. Was that you ?

Now ... having seen her ... solid, non gloss battleship grey really wouldn't be that bad ... maybe even kinda cool

With all the discussion on color, does anybody know the color number/name for Awlgrip that matches the 1975 Hats. Based on my sanded down spot I believe the original color was an creamy white with just a hint of yellow. The best picture I found in the gallery is "HAttitude"
    Last edited by JCG; 10-04-2005 at 11:26 PM.

Hey, Bertramp! We were in Waterftont Marina. You may have seen "A Train" another 50 from Ct that I know the owner of. She has a varnished wood aft deck enclosure. Ours is all "white" with blue stripes.

There is a Striker that our marina works on that is battleship gray. It definitely makes it look mean. Depending on what you're going for, it's not bad!

We'll look you up again next year or if you're still there when we come by car Thanksgiving weekend.

K

It was "A train" ... I remember the varnish. There are 2 Strikers (60s) that I've seen in grey .... I like it more than the original Striker white with blue trim. The grey does totally change the look.

Never thought about grey...still like the yellow idea !

Partial to Seafoam Green Hull and bright white topsides

Last edited by krazy8; 10-05-2005 at 02:52 PM.

Hey Krazy 8
    Is this a newer picture of your boat I took this last October on the way to Fl with a friends boat? If I remember it was in N.C this one has a raft, pulpit and rail added!
    Last edited by 34Hatt; 02-04-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Dan, No thats not mine , I am up in Margate NJ just south of Atlantic City