Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Florida's 58 Hatteras Yacht Fish inspection tour

Pizzaz, it's not such a tough crowd.
    Your situation is not a singular one, it is, excuse the pun, the whole harbour and we are all riding on the same financial TIDE (even in Australia right now). And that tide is at a LOW for boats. We all know this.
    I can't get back what I have in my unique, Merritt rebuilt (by the P.O for $750,000, documented!), plus what I have put into her....PLENTY. Same as every other person selling their boat in this market.I installed US$25,000 of Garmin electronics while I was in the US, I don't expect anyone to give a hoot when I sell her because by then they will just be, electronics.
    Recently a 56' Riviera, which is the brand in Australia sold for almost half its cost in 2009.

Your boat is great, nothing wrong with it.
    You can do comparisons with other 58 YF's and logically lay it all out on the table but REALITY is: your boat is way over-priced in the current market, and that is why it is not selling.

500K now? I feel like I'm at Burger King.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Pizzaz, it's not such a tough crowd.
    Your situation is not a singular one, it is, excuse the pun, the whole harbour and we are all riding on the same financial TIDE (even in Australia right now). And that tide is at a LOW for boats. We all know this.
    I can't get back what I have in my unique, Merritt rebuilt (by the P.O for $750,000, documented!), plus what I have put into her....PLENTY. Same as every other person selling their boat in this market.I installed US$25,000 of Garmin electronics while I was in the US, I don't expect anyone to give a hoot when I sell her because by then they will just be, electronics.
    Recently a 56' Riviera, which is the brand in Australia sold for almost half its cost in 2009.

Your boat is great, nothing wrong with it.
    You can do comparisons with other 58 YF's and logically lay it all out on the table but REALITY is: your boat is way over-priced in the current market, and that is why it is not selling.
    Jasper
    you are correct! It is the same with the 45c i sold you just have to find the right person who will reckonize the work which has been done. That person knowing the value of the upgrades will also know the market . Like every one of us that person will try to buy it as cheap as they can so they can brag at the dock.
    Pizza did just what i did put to much money in the boat for what it is. I have purchased another an already have put to much money in it for todays market and I knew better....
    Bottom line I do not care I am going to enjoy the darn thing and worry when it comes time to sell. Do as the market calls for at that time. Paying as i go so not have to take a check to clossing just tissue to wipe away tears.... If you look at it another way there is not much diffrence in our homes than these old boats they both are depreciationg at ridiculous rates.... Tim

IMO, if you never owned a stabilized boat, you won't care if the one you are considering has them or not. OTOH, once you've owned a stabilized boat, you won't go back to one without them.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    IMO, if you never owned a stabilized boat, you won't care if the one you are considering has them or not. OTOH, once you've owned a stabilized boat, you won't go back to one without them.
    I guess it all depends on the boat and how you use it. I have them but barely use them. They do make a difference at slow speeds but we typically run at planning speeds. So I guess the real questions is are most 1510 MY's stabilized?
    Jack Sardina

Pdiddy,
    Your boat is sharp, no question. You are just way over on price for the majority of buyers. There may be someone out there that sees her and gets goose bumps, then writes you a check...but you may hold out for a long time and have him never cross your bow.

There was a nice series 3 50C for sale here in CA for at least 2 years, maybe more. I watched the price drop from 600s to 399 ask, and the seller recently took 325 for her. Nice boat, low hour 3406s, full tower with all the whistles. There is a series 1 55C for sale in CA at 399, been at that price for 2 years...I think he likes the boat and does not want to sell it. I think this will be your boat until you drop the price or find that one buyer that wets himself when he sees her. Kudos to you again for her condition.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    I guess it all depends on the boat and how you use it. I have them but barely use them. They do make a difference at slow speeds but we typically run at planning speeds. So I guess the real questions is are most 1510 MY's stabilized?
    Really? You don't use them? The pump is running whether you turn them on or not. You're not going to wear them out.

My friend with the 60C uses his as well. Even just to take the roll out when a wake comes by, it's worth it. I agree that at planing speeds they are really not usually needed, but when in a beam sea it sure helps no matter what the speed. Maybe our short period waves in the Great Lakes make it more noticeable. And I'm sure the displacement of your 65 also helps.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Really? You don't use them? The pump is running whether you turn them on or not. You're not going to wear them out.

My friend with the 60C uses his as well. Even just to take the roll out when a wake comes by, it's worth it. I agree that at planing speeds they are really not usually needed, but when in a beam sea it sure helps no matter what the speed. Maybe our short period waves in the Great Lakes make it more noticeable. And I'm sure the displacement of your 65 also helps.
    You definitely notice the difference at low speed. I have a stretch of slow no wake before we can run. The current can rip through some spots creating good sized standing waves. Smaller boats tend to run faster through here and the stabilizers really make a difference. I don't know what size they are but mine are pretty small compared to what I see on many smaller MY's. Typical for a SF as you don't want to hinder speed too much. We usually cruise around 20-21kts so the stabilizers don't do much.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Of the 1510 boats that I have sold, perhaps 20% were stabilized. Of all of the stabilized boats I have represented at least half had old stabilizers that didn't work at all or only worked marginally. If you want a stabilized boat, buy one with good working modern stabilizers or install them yourself.
    Amen to that. Stabilizers are one of the most expensive add-ons you can do. Might as well do them right.

PD, I'm certain it's a beautiful boat, but the market is narrow and you're at the top of it. Good luck; like they said, you might own this one for a long time. There are worse things to be stuck with than the nicest one out there.

10. Re: Florida's 58 Hatteras Yacht Fish inspection tour

I would like to quote another broker in my office who has a listing on a 70 motoryacht that has a totally new interior. All of the interior woodwork has been replaced with satin finish cherry, new headliners, new galley, marble foors in the heads, etc, etc, etc. The boat has been on the market for a long time and he said the the owner, "You have the nicest boat of all the Hatteras motor yachts that are not selling."