Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Re: Florida's 58 Hatteras Yacht Fish inspection tour

to hell with everyone, like the car business...raise the price and make the prospective buyer wonder why

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

My friend, Jim, and I looked at several of the Yacht Fishes discussed in this posting as this size is in the range that Jim is looking to buy. We found pizzazsdaddy's inspection tour comments spot on. We also looked at the Pizzaz and thought that it is the best value for the money, but it is a little out of Jim's price range at this time. So anyone looking for a 58' Yacht Fish should definitely put this on the list of must sees, particularly if they are in the market for a boat in this price range that is cruise-ready. The only thing that we thought most people would like to upgrade would be the electronics.

There was a beautiful 58 YF next to me which sold in fall of 2009, it was listed for 299k and sold in the mid to low 200s. She was capt maintained and a cherry boat if I may say.

The boats name was Trim It and she went to So Florida to be used as a charter. I don't know where she ended up as she was soon sold within 2 years.

The original owner was at some point in the Hat business and had a factory that made the trim for the hat band that went around the hat.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    The only way to really judge a boat is to go look at it. Since half of the 58 yacht fish models currently on the market are in South Florida, I took some time this week to see as many of them as possible, just to check out what was really there.

Please keep in mind, these observations are just my opinion of what I saw and found out about... Worst to First... It might help someone who's out shopping...

NO NAME The 1974 58 Yach Fish up on Lake Okeechobee asking $74,500. Easily, about the worst distress I've ever seen. Chalk, Dry Rot, Mold, Filth, and all the unerlying issues that go with them. The boat had one redeeming qualiy, in that someone cleverly rearranged the VIP into a Queen Berth Stateroom, and replaced the galley countertop with the sink in a better position than the original. The boat itself was a horrible nightmare. I don't think this one can ever be a yacht again.

ENDLESS JOURNEY The 58' 1977 Yacht Fish in Deerfield Beach asking $109,000. A Nasty 58. I swear the boat growled at me as I walked down the dock. Old and tired everything. Dead Paint, Window leak wood damage inside. Needs everything...and I do mean Everything! Sadly, this is becoming the "average" 53 or 58 out there. An endless journey in your favorite boatyard!

ANDREA FAE The 58' 1972 Yacht Fish in Coconut Grove asking $115,000. I'll give the broker, Mike Brill from Export Yacht Sales one extra credit for his open assesment of her. Soft Spongy Decks that must be replaced, A few reported bottom blisers. etc. etc. etc. Someone tried to paint it from the toe-rail up with a roller during a sandstorm. Lots of window corrosion etc. It's supposed to be OK mechanically with more recently installed 692s, but who knows. Supposedly has a $90,000 current offer.

MISS ANNE The 58' 1975 Yacht Fish in Lighthouse Point asking $150,000. When the owners got wind of what I was doing this week, they refused showing it without a broker and a legitimate buyer present. The central agent on this one, Jeff Erdman from Bollman Yachts in Ft. Lauderdale, admitted to me that MISS ANNE was also old and tired, and pretty comparable to the others. Maybe slightly above.

ANDIAMO The 58' 1977 Yacht Fish in the Lighthouse Point area asking $169,000. Here too, the owners flatly refused my inspection. Back when I was a buyer for one of these, I saw this boat in Miami Beach a little over 3 years ago, shortly after someone painted it blue with a broom. Another old and tired 58, but this one was slightly better than most of the 58s I had seen at the time, but still due for everything.

NEEDS WANTS AND DESIRES The 58' 1978 Yacht Fish in Ft. Lauderdale asking $239,000. (Owned by Tomrealest from this website). This was the one pleasant surprise on my inspection tour. (When I saw her, she was out of the water having new trim tabs installed). Anyone looking for a 58 Yacht Fish with only the low $200s to spend, should see this one. She has all the desired equipment including stablizers, splash rail, upgrades over the years. No Bottom Blisters. Exterior Paint is still fair with a few scratches and blemishes. Decks Solid. Sainless still in good shape. Varnish currently being redone. The boat shows that it's had a knowlegable caring ownership. Worth a look see, I think this one will be a solid value for someone who doesn't have $300 to spend.

I left out the 58' Yacht fish litsed as a 59 or a 60 in Jupiter asking $100 or whatever. This boat is also extra nasty, including a glass over wood extended cockpit that was added to this boat long ago, to make it more of a fishing boat. Needs Everything. Not Nice. All I could keep thinking was "Carnival Cruise Ship" !

I have not yet seen the 58' 1979 model in Key West, or the 1972 58 named DOUBLE EAGLE down in Marathon. Those for another day.

That leaves PIZZAZ as the remaining South Florida 58 Yacht Fish down to $379,000ASK, with a seller who's found another boat...and can't afford to own 2.

That about covers all 10 58 Hatteras Yacht Fisherman models currently available in the South Florida area. So far, only 2 in my opinion that a smart buyer would find worth looking at.

Of note. PIZZAZ is no longer the highest priced 58... That new title goes to MY ANCHOR HOLDS, a 1980 model 58 Yacht Fish just listed by A&M Yacht Sales in Mobile AL for $472,000ASK!

Has anyone seen any of the other 58s around the country? Im Curious about what others have seen.

Thanks
    PIZZAZsDADDY

There was a beautiful 58 YF next to me which sold in fall of 2009, it was listed for 299k and sold in the mid to low 200s. She was capt maintained and a cherry boat if I may say.

The boats name was Trim It and she went to So Florida to be used as a charter. I don't know where she ended up as she was soon sold within 2 years.

The original owner was at some point in the Hat business and had a factory that made the trim for the hat band that went around the hat. Also there was an image of a pair of scissors or shears on the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    The only way to really judge a boat is to go look at it. Since half of the 58 yacht fish models currently on the market are in South Florida, I took some time this week to see as many of them as possible, just to check out what was really there.

Please keep in mind, these observations are just my opinion of what I saw and found out about... Worst to First... It might help someone who's out shopping...

NO NAME The 1974 58 Yach Fish up on Lake Okeechobee asking $74,500. Easily, about the worst distress I've ever seen. Chalk, Dry Rot, Mold, Filth, and all the unerlying issues that go with them. The boat had one redeeming qualiy, in that someone cleverly rearranged the VIP into a Queen Berth Stateroom, and replaced the galley countertop with the sink in a better position than the original. The boat itself was a horrible nightmare. I don't think this one can ever be a yacht again.

ENDLESS JOURNEY The 58' 1977 Yacht Fish in Deerfield Beach asking $109,000. A Nasty 58. I swear the boat growled at me as I walked down the dock. Old and tired everything. Dead Paint, Window leak wood damage inside. Needs everything...and I do mean Everything! Sadly, this is becoming the "average" 53 or 58 out there. An endless journey in your favorite boatyard!

ANDREA FAE The 58' 1972 Yacht Fish in Coconut Grove asking $115,000. I'll give the broker, Mike Brill from Export Yacht Sales one extra credit for his open assesment of her. Soft Spongy Decks that must be replaced, A few reported bottom blisers. etc. etc. etc. Someone tried to paint it from the toe-rail up with a roller during a sandstorm. Lots of window corrosion etc. It's supposed to be OK mechanically with more recently installed 692s, but who knows. Supposedly has a $90,000 current offer.

MISS ANNE The 58' 1975 Yacht Fish in Lighthouse Point asking $150,000. When the owners got wind of what I was doing this week, they refused showing it without a broker and a legitimate buyer present. The central agent on this one, Jeff Erdman from Bollman Yachts in Ft. Lauderdale, admitted to me that MISS ANNE was also old and tired, and pretty comparable to the others. Maybe slightly above.

ANDIAMO The 58' 1977 Yacht Fish in the Lighthouse Point area asking $169,000. Here too, the owners flatly refused my inspection. Back when I was a buyer for one of these, I saw this boat in Miami Beach a little over 3 years ago, shortly after someone painted it blue with a broom. Another old and tired 58, but this one was slightly better than most of the 58s I had seen at the time, but still due for everything.

NEEDS WANTS AND DESIRES The 58' 1978 Yacht Fish in Ft. Lauderdale asking $239,000. (Owned by Tomrealest from this website). This was the one pleasant surprise on my inspection tour. (When I saw her, she was out of the water having new trim tabs installed). Anyone looking for a 58 Yacht Fish with only the low $200s to spend, should see this one. She has all the desired equipment including stablizers, splash rail, upgrades over the years. No Bottom Blisters. Exterior Paint is still fair with a few scratches and blemishes. Decks Solid. Sainless still in good shape. Varnish currently being redone. The boat shows that it's had a knowlegable caring ownership. Worth a look see, I think this one will be a solid value for someone who doesn't have $300 to spend.

I left out the 58' Yacht fish litsed as a 59 or a 60 in Jupiter asking $100 or whatever. This boat is also extra nasty, including a glass over wood extended cockpit that was added to this boat long ago, to make it more of a fishing boat. Needs Everything. Not Nice. All I could keep thinking was "Carnival Cruise Ship" !

I have not yet seen the 58' 1979 model in Key West, or the 1972 58 named DOUBLE EAGLE down in Marathon. Those for another day.

That leaves PIZZAZ as the remaining South Florida 58 Yacht Fish down to $379,000ASK, with a seller who's found another boat...and can't afford to own 2.

That about covers all 10 58 Hatteras Yacht Fisherman models currently available in the South Florida area. So far, only 2 in my opinion that a smart buyer would find worth looking at.

Of note. PIZZAZ is no longer the highest priced 58... That new title goes to MY ANCHOR HOLDS, a 1980 model 58 Yacht Fish just listed by A&M Yacht Sales in Mobile AL for $472,000ASK!

Has anyone seen any of the other 58s around the country? Im Curious about what others have seen.

Thanks
    PIZZAZsDADDY

Double Eagle was sold last winter a very nice boat that was owned by a former member of the list. Never asked Bill what it sold for but was a nice boat. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.