Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need info on 48 Hatteras Yacht Fisherman

Guys

I know a few on here own this model. I am looking at purchasing one and taking it to Costa Rica where I now reside. The boat is in Florida. How do you like the boat and can you give me some pros and cons on this make. The one I'm looking at has the 8v71n motors.

Thanks

Re: Need info on 48 Hatteras Yacht Fisherman

Hi All,

Nose,

Please feel free to contact me via PM or email with questions.....
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

If it's the one in Miami, it was on my short list before I bought Piratefish. :-) Cool boat. 871N's are supposed to be anvil solid.

Quote Originally Posted by lumina View Post
    Hi All,

Nose,

Thanks Gene.

I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by hromberg View Post
    If it's the one in Miami, it was on my short list before I bought Piratefish. :-) Cool boat. 871N's are supposed to be anvil solid.
    Thanks for your reply. PM sent.

Pros and cons on it's make???

It's a Hatteras!!! If it's a nice one...even better! There is one thing America built better than any one in the world...Yachts. Hatteras, Tiara, Bertram, Viking. The kind of quality that more people need to understand.
    Quality is also important when you need service work done. It costs less to fix a quality boat, because the quality designers put just as much emphasis on function and servicability, as style. On average, it costs 30% more to repair the same item on a cheaper make boat. Most buyers don't learn this one until it's to late. Buy the Hatteras. You'll be glad you did...later.

Quote Originally Posted by lumina View Post
    Hi All,

Nose,

Gene

Do you still own your YF? In considering other Hat models what was it that made you choose the YF? How does it handle in rough water (understandibly rough to some is not to others) compared to other Hat models of it's same size?

Thanks

Nose,

Yes, I still own the second love of my life. SO many things went into the decision. I've never owed a boat I love and enjoy and appreciate as much as Glittering Image.

I think you HAVE TO have that kind of passion to own a classic Hatteras in today's world, especially given the time and money needed to care for and use them.

I'll put some thoughts together for you, give me a day or so.

Take a look at my pic gallery, it has 40 or so images of the boat inside and out.

Gene
    Last edited by lumina; 02-23-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    Pros and cons on it's make???

It's a Hatteras!!! If it's a nice one...even better! There is one thing America built better than any one in the world...Yachts. Hatteras, Tiara, Bertram, Viking. The kind of quality that more people need to understand.
    Quality is also important when you need service work done. It costs less to fix a quality boat, because the quality designers put just as much emphasis on function and servicability, as style. On average, it costs 30% more to repair the same item on a cheaper make boat. Most buyers don't learn this one until it's to late. Buy the Hatteras. You'll be glad you did...later.
    Hi Pdaddy

I said make but I really meant model. I'm sold on the Hatteras brand. The fishing is good in Costa Rica and I figured this model would be good for dual use fish/party but was hoping to hear from some of you that have this model.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noserider View Post
    Hi Pdaddy

I said make but I really meant model. I'm sold on the Hatteras brand. The fishing is good in Costa Rica and I figured this model would be good for dual use fish/party but was hoping to hear from some of you that have this model.

Thanks
    Serious fishing is not something a YF is for. If its some fishing here and there OK. Too high of a cg to be running with the SF crowd.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.