Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 186 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Depends on the temp and whether or not the pot is sealed. The last time we sprayed it was warm--high 80s maybe--and the ICA had started to thicken just a bit by the time the painter came out to refill the pot. It wasn't noticable to me, but goupy strings came out of the gun on the last pass. Fortunately, that panel is inside a cabinet. It couldn't have been more than 20 minutes sitting there, but the lid was off.
    Oh, and that was for the top coat. I'm not sure about potlife for the base, but I'd expect it to be similar.

Thanks, I've never used the 2 part stuff, but I'm too slow to use it!

Don't blame age! It's global warming's fault!

The bed foundation and cabinets look even better now that they're insulated and installed!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: More V-berth Cabinetry Storage Boxes

Cheers,
    Q

I'm going to me making a lot of cabinet parts out of solid mahogany soon, so I had to get myself a new surface planer. When the missus sees pretty new mahogany getting installed, it takes surprisingly little effort to get her approval on new toy...ahem...tool purchases. :-)

I also made an 8' infeed/outfeed table for the planer. Hopefully I won't have snipe on any of the mahogany I run through this beast.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: New Tool--Dewalt DW734 Thickness Planer

Cheers,
    Q

A few years ago I read "Rebuilding The Indian". What is the title of your book going to be? I suspect you'd sell more than a few copies of it.

I'm thinking "What the Hell was I Thinking?" would be a good title! lol

I had a long weekend, so I made some solid mahogany corners for the V-berth closet. It was the first time I'd made anything like this, but I think they turned out OK.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Making Solid Mahogany Corners for the V-berth Cabinets

Cheers,
    Q

You do absolutely beautiful and amazing work - your craftsmanship is astounding and is your ability to execute so many different trade skills - if I had only 1% of your abilities I'd be happy - keep at it my friend - we're eagerly anticipating the end results!

Thanks!

I ended up spending a lot of time one day adjusting my jointer and saws after I discovered problems with each one that was throwing all of my final cuts out of square. The problems all come down to sloppy manufacturing, which is absurd given how much these tools cost.

Anyway, once I got everything cutting true I got to work cutting and fitting the V-berth bed foundation framing. It's coming together pretty well.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The V-berth Bed Foundation Frames

Cheers,
    Q

I got the V-berth bed foundation frames wrapped up, then disassembled them all, insulated the top of the cabinet box and glued and screwed it all together. I'm ready to start cutting the plywood that the mattress will lie on.

When writing the article, I linked to an early article on my CAD concepts for the interior. When I checked the link, I discovered that all of the pictures I'd saved at Photobucket don't display. PB apparently changed its business model, and now you have to pay to allow pictures on its servers to be viewed on 3rd party sites. So now I'm spending a lot of time downloading pix from PB and uploading them to WordPress, where the blog is hosted, so I can basically recreate each article. And PB's process for downloading each folder includes a bunch of mandatory streaming of advertizing, so what could take a few minutes instead takes hours. This is sooo tedious.

Anyway, the V-berth is coming along. Gotta stay focused on the good news.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wrapping Up the V-berth Bed Foundation Frames

Cheers,
    Q