Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 186 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Yeah, ICA is nice.

This is just the base coat. Once we lay on the next round for a total of eight coats, I'll sand once more and we'll hit it with two coats of the semi-matte top coat.

Speaking of laying on the next round...I got all of the mahogany panels sanded, then we sprayed the second round of four coats of ICA base clear. It's looking very nice! I'll sand the base once more, then we'll top coat with semi-matte.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Sanding and Spraying the 2nd Coat on the Mahogany Panels

Cheers,
    Q

Very nice is an understatement. Beautiful!!!!
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks! They look even better now, with all of the panels top coated with ICA semi-matte clear.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Sanding and Spraying the Top Coat on the Mahogany Panels

Cheers,
    Q

The walls look like high end furniture. Stunning
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The interior of this boat will be epic. Velvet ropes and "no admission" signs everywhere.

Thanks!

The bits and pieces are all coming together pretty nicely. One or two hitches, but that's about par for the course. Today's another epoxy day!

Cheers,
    Q

Do you have any completed rooms. If so can you send the before and after shots? You should make a Utube video of this and post it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The most completely done room is the V-berth head. I suspect the V-berth will be the first one done. Before and after would be tough, since only the aft salon bulkhead is original on the interior. If you haven't checked out the first posts, they're kind of entertaining: https://1969chriscraftroamer46.wordp...-roamer-refit/

What the heck was I thinking...

Q,

What type and make of toilet did your buy for the master head? I thought you were getting a Japanese type toilet and I was curious how that would work on a boat (vacuflush type system?). I bought one of the after market toilet seats (brondell) with the built in bidet for my home toilet and it is great. I would live to have one on the Boat.

Mark
    Lake of the woods