Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 186 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Geesh.

Why do people put white latex paint over mahogany?

Lots of potential to totally lose your shirt and come out with a boat worth perhaps 1/5 of your enormous investment in time, money and aggravation. I pity whoever takes this on.

Even a team of Quentin, Yachtsman Willy, and Angela couldn't bring this back to life and keep their sanity. OTOH, maybe we should buy it as a group and give it to Randy.....

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    Lots of potential here
    Jim,

I was trying to be funny. Guess I didn't succeed.

Bobk

Well, so was I....

Looks like a sinker.... I wouldn't take it for free even if I was 30 years younger.

Walt

Q, First time I ever heard of "rain tax". When will it end.........

Walt

It's complicated. Actually I think our current governor ended it. Our current governor is a huge improvement over our former one.

When will it end? I think the end target is straight up communism.

Down in Charles County, where my house is, the commissioners are trying to rezone a huge area as a watershed conservation district. That would prohibit building houses on less than 10 acres and permit no more than 8% of the land to be made impermeable. To the commies, driveways, RV parking pads, large houses with garages and outbuildings are evil spirits that hurt the water goddess of the Chesapeake. Charles County has a lot of old, former farming families that are land rich but cash poor. The area is relatively undeveloped, which is why we bought there. Thing is, we're downstream of some of the riches counties in the US, which have impermeable surface everywhere and urban neighborhoods with dozens of houses per acre in some cases. The county is essentially communalizing the land in the conservation district to make up for the alleged environmental sins of non-communalized land of far wealthier people upstream.

The commissioners who are pushing this are uniformly of one political party. I leave that to your imagination.

It'd be more effective for them to ban fertilizers or the bad ingredients AND the government sewage plants that dump raw sewage into the bay. Except, gov can do no evil and I bet the fertlizer makers have a stronger lobby!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

So Q we are all waiting for the big unveiling date. What's your latest questimate?

Walt