Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 186 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

The rub rails look very nice. What is your next step?

It's a rough room, what can I say? They look great, though.

It's your fault, incidentally. You hooked us all on this project and with YW out of the picture, we don't have anything else to look in on.

I'll share a little secret: I've had a wee bit of refit burnout going on. I'm juggling all of these different parts of the project, some of which haven't been going smoothly at all. Then the truck problems happened one after the other. Hence the link to the Gloom, despair, and agony on me video from Heehaw a few posts back. Once enough of it backs up, it's tough getting enthused about heading out to the boatyard every weekend.

But enough of that. In other news, we finally got a break in the cold weather at the same time as my painter's schedule opened up. That V-berth head I started on back in March 2013 is sanded and ready for paint. Booyah.

Roamer 46 Refit: Final Sanding the V-berth Head

Cheers,
    Q

Hopefully you took my remarks as a bad joke. In all sincerity you have my respect. There is no way I could have gotten half as far as you have. The tasks you have taken on far and away exceed any ability I have.
    Regards
    Dan

The internet can be awful when it comes to conveying nuance. I took it as a good joke. I love you guys!

You are eighty-three pages into this thread and only now you have burnout? I think you are a lot tougher than most of us.

Plus the boat looks fantastic. Keep at it.

I agree with Jim - your fortitude and ability to tackle and accomplish so many different skill sets is inspiring - and thank you for keeping us up to date on your progress!

Thanks guys!

And to repay the kind words, here's a preview from the next article:

DSCF0140.JPG

All buyers take note: Burnout occurring, catch him while he's down and make an offer. Most of the tough stuff is already completed. Best time to strike is at a moment of weakness and I sense this might be it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

HA! But timing is the key! lol

C'mon... a few weeks ago I was linking to Heehaw depression videos ferchrissakes. How hard does opportunity have to knock???

But today, I'm posting preview pix of a shiny, Awlgrippy V-berth head. The price during the next burnout jag just went up by a good margin...and I haven't even pulled the tape yet!!!

Burnout vanquished!