Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 186 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Next up in our 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: My Life Is An Old-School Country Western Song.

Can't wait to see what THIS is about......

I know if you play it backwards you get your truck back, you get your wife back, you get your dog back....
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    It's supposed to be in the fifties in a few days, I heard. Does that help?
    Not really. By the time I saw that forecast, the painter already had plans for the weekend.

The dog can stay in the ground. The missus wasn't hurt. But that damned truck... That's the one that's getting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I know if you play it backwards you get your truck back, you get your wife back, you get your dog back....
    I love this. Right on the money. Oh, and you get out of prison, too. And that guy you shot is alive again.

He needed killing Jim. And the buzzard gotta eat same as the worms.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I love this. Right on the money. Oh, and you get out of prison, too. And that guy you shot is alive again.
    YES! And you get your horse back and your favorite fishing rod,.... your wife.... well, maybe everybody doesn't want to rewind that far... YMMV.

1970 36C375

What's that old joke about so and so in your back yard?

The grass is dead, the garbage is missing and the dog is pregnant. And these days it doesn't matter what the dog's orientation is.
    Regards
    Dan

Is that the joke about the dead wife? The sex is the same, but the dishes are piling up in the sink.

1970 36C375

eww. lol

I guess I should consider myself fortunate. It's not all that bad.

My old Ford F150 was quickly returning to a state of nature, so earlier this year I bought a new-to-me Nissan Frontier with low miles in the spring. After replacing an alternator, belts, tires, and tire air pressure sensors, the Nissan truck was working out pretty good. Then the missus crashed her car and had to use mine. Then the transmission failed catastrophically...during rush hour...on a bridge. So I don't have a vehicle to put my Miller Trailblazer in to go weld up the raw water inlet standpipes.

I still have the exhaust to finish, though, so I started cutting stainless to finish the risers. I left the shop on the final cut, only planning to be gone for a minute. That turned into 10 minutes. When I came back, I found the part had come unclamped and caused the bandsaw blade to lock up, frying the motor. Got a new motor, then discovered that the blade was shot.

My painter was going to paint the v-berth head last weekend, when we had warm weather for a couple of days. But his car broke down (another bad transmission!) and the guy who was giving him a ride hit black ice and crashed into a tree. Nobody got hurt, but the painter's out of commission until he can pay to get his car back from the shop.

I did manage to weld one bracket to the showerhead without killing anybody.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: My Life Is An Old-School Country Western Song

Cheers,
    Q