Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 186 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Looks like pretty simple parts. I think you could have made those with a drill press and some hole saw bits. I've also seen circles cut with a compass device attached to a plasma cutter.

But they do look purdy!!
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 11-01-2016 at 09:38 AM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thx!

I wish I had a plasma cutter, but at this point I can't justify buying one. Making these with drills and hole saws would have gone through a lot of drill bits and saws. That stainless is tough stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Thx!

I wish I had a plasma cutter, but at this point I can't justify buying one. Making these with drills and hole saws would have gone through a lot of drill bits and saws. That stainless is tough stuff.
    Plus it seems you have PLENTY of other things to do

They look Great nice job.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Thanks!

But then I went and looked at plasma cutters...and bought one. SKYCHENEY, if I get in dutch with the missus, I'm blaming you for this.

The product video is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mw_0Rmimc0

$250 w/shipping is a scorching good deal. If it lasts a year, it'll have paid for itself.

He who dies with the most toys....wins (by Malcolm Forbes)

Walt

Thanks!

But then I went and looked at plasma cutters...and bought one. SKYCHENEY, if I get in dutch with the missus, I'm blaming you for this.

The product video is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mw_0Rmimc0

$250 w/shipping is a scorching good deal. If it lasts a year, it'll have paid for itself.
    You will love it once you use it. The smaller units have limitations as to the thickness of what they will cut but for most of what you will be doing, that unit should work just fine.
    Sky Cheney

And how about those CNC plasma table kits...

OMG! What have you done, man!

If I didnt have a local shop with a waterjet and other cnc machines Id be thinking that too.

I find myself bringing in all kinds of stuff for them to do. They have the stock, the machinery and people to do it so in the end the savings ( my time is valuable) are small.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I hear ya, and I was just joking about the plasma table...for now.

The nearest CNC shop to me is an hour or so away, so unless I need something right now (which is never), the shop I used in NC for the backer and nozzle plates works just fine. But to cut out the raw water inlet holes on the showerhead tube and other small stuff where CAD precision isn't required, this new plasma torch will save time and pay for itself quickly.

I still can't believe they sell these things that cheap.

I hear ya, and I was just joking about the plasma table...for now.

The nearest CNC shop to me is an hour or so away, so unless I need something right now (which is never), the shop I used in NC for the backer and nozzle plates works just fine. But to cut out the raw water inlet holes on the showerhead tube and other small stuff where CAD precision isn't required, this new plasma torch will save time and pay for itself quickly.

I still can't believe they sell these things that cheap.

I have one in my shop at work that cuts 1" plate with ease. That one ain't cheap
    Sky Cheney