Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 186 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Jim, I just borrow the yard's barrels. I don't need one myself.

Oscar, you can think thinks like that, but you should never say or write them.

Seven, I'm using the Enkay 156-6k buffing kit.

Can you tell me the size of the Makita.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Mine's a Makita 9237CX3 7-Inch Variable Speed Polisher-Sander.

Oh, and make sure you put a lot of masking tape on the coupling nut and bolt head. It acts as a pad when (not if) the buffing wheel slips off the stainless and the bolt or nut contact the surface you're polishing.

I got sick of polishing and needed a distraction. So I installed LED strip lights in the engine room.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Engine Room LED Lighting

Cheers,
    Q

They really brightened up the place
    Last edited by q240z; 10-20-2016 at 08:55 AM.

I got another box full of stuff back from the chrome shop. The coolest thing in the box was a nautical themed ashtray that was on the boat when we found it. It's been a long time since I smoked, but this thing's so cool I decided to have it repaired and rechromed. It turned out pretty nice. I also got back the last of the chromed bronze stanchion bases and door hardware. That's it for the chrome work...my wallet can't take anymore!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Still More Chrome!

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

Thats one cool ash tray Are you going to paint the inside red again?

Pricey I bet though

Glad to read your painter reappeared and your back on track.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I've never smoked and would not allow anyone to smoke in my boat but I would love to own that as a novelty. Looks beautiful. Looks like Frank Loyd Wright designed it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Q, will those lights stay where they are put when the engine room gets hot? Even in an aluminum boat, it will get warm in there.

Chrome work looks beautiful, I have had stuff done by them, they are very good.

Thanks, Dan. I do plan to paint the inside. I've got a can of Interlux red one-part laying around somewhere.

Jim, I figure I'll see if the two-sided tape holds up on the LEDs. If it starts to fail, I've got some clear RTV I can use to bond them more permanently.

SEVEN, you're thinking just like me. I wish I knew more about it, but there's no maker's mark anywhere on it.

I dunno. If it was me, I might merely clear coat the inside. But I did think red would be cool also.
    Regards
    Dan

I've been keeping an eye out on dorades on sailboats. Painting the inside red seems to be the way it was/is done. I've even seen original Chris Craft vents painted red inside....not that it's my biggest priority. lol

I took advantage of the great weather and got back to polishing stainless. The bow rub rail was challenging because of the v-shape and because the scratches there were pretty bad. The anchor rode (line) was a combination braided nylon with 6' of chain at the anchor. That anchor chain ripped up the stainless pretty good, but it all sanded and polished out.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Polishing the Bow Rub Rail

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After