Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 186 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

So when you do fillets on the floor of the boat, are those considered fillet of sole?

Really, Jim?

You didn't answer my question. LOL

Jim, Go to your room....no dinner for you tonight.. Filet of sole is really called soul food.

Walt

Actually you are right. I worked 12-10 and didn't get any dinner.

So, we splashing this year? Still willing to make sure your truck gets home. (And then I will drink all your beer).
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Ah, no...not splashing this year. Between the death in the family, Boatamalan scheduling issues, and the brutal heat in the tent, things have not been progressing fast enough to make it happen. Hopefully, next year...

In the spring. God willing and the creek don't rise.

Build tent 10.XXX and make it the mother of all productive winters.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

The tent's holding up very well, so all I plan to do is hit it with the heat gun to tighten up the plastic a bit. Hopefully, the winter weather will cooperate more than the summer has, because this has been the most miserably hot and humid summer ever. Even when there's a breeze that helps cut down on the misery outside, inside the tent it's awful. So I've only made a couple trips to the boatyard for the last few weeks instead of the usual 2~3x week. On the flipside, we had a terrific Labor Day weekend out on our Chris Craft Commander 42. Less project boat and more actual boating was a nice break.

I recently manage to pick up a new-to-me Craftsman contractor's table saw for a scorchin' CL deal of $40. It was very lightly used and even came with an owner's manual. Then I made in-feed and out-feed extensions for it and for the Shopsmith saw/multi-tool I've been using. I need long table extensions so I can make long moldings, but since this all goes in the tent in the limited space around the boat, it took some time to figure out an approach that works. It's not elegant, but it's good enough for what I need to do. Now if only the heat and humidity would cut me some slack, I'd be in good shape.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Expanding the Woodworking Shop

Cheers,
    Q