Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 186 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

My latest blog post is on priming the hardtop. 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Hardtop

Cheers,

Q

We're getting very close to priming the cabin top. The latest article in my blog covers work from this last weekend. 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Cabin-top, dashboard & Hardtop

Cheers,
    Q

My latest blog article is from last weekend. This is a really huge step. 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Priming the Cabin Top & Dashboard

Cheers,
    Q

We're getting ready for a big, dusty weekend sanding Awl Quik. My bow seat hatch for the propane locker should arrive today. I've also got to get some welding done before we do the final prime coat on the hull.

In the meantime, I've posted a blog article on some of the tools that I feel are essential for this level of refit. 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Tools of the Trade

Stay tuned!

Cheers,
    Q

The dust is finally settling and the cabin top is looking pretty good. But, unfortunately, I found a problem with some aluminum work I had done back in 2008. Check out the latest article on my 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Longboarding the Cabin Top...and a surprise.

More to come this week. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Q

I've been so busy with the Roamer I haven't had time to write blog articles. Dang day job keeps getting in the way, too.

I got caught up over the weekend though, so here's the first installment of a few I'll be publishing this week: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: De-SMIB-ifying the Helm Door Opening

Next is PAINT!

Cheers,
    Q

This post has been five years in the making.

I got paint on my hardtop!

http://1969chriscraftroamer46.wordpr...6-refit-paint/

Cheers,
    Q

Today's article is on rough cutting the toe rail, which--odd as it may sound--has to be installed and clear-coated before we can paint the decks and hull.

http://1969chriscraftroamer46.wordpr...gany-toe-rail/

Cheers,
    Q

Damn that sure is looking good!

Thanks!

After so much time slogging away, and each step of preparation for paint seemed to make the boat uglier and uglier, it's sooooo good to see solid colors again. And that paint on the hardtop was a real inspiration.

We did the math yesterday and it looks like there are seven "paint days" left until she's completely done, top to bottom. But between now and then we've got to finish the toe rail, do some more longboarding on the hull again with some Awl Quik touch-ups. We've also got a bit more fillet work to do, then apply the final coat of Awl Grip 545 primer to the cabin top, decks, aft enclosure and hull. THEN the seven day count begins. But we're knockin' out more and more with each passing weekend.

I hate my day job...

Today's post is on Prepping the Aft Enclosure for Primer. Check it out!

Q