Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 186 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

The main point I'd disagree with boatsb on is that if everybody pays sales tax as required that it would somehow lower you property/income/whatever taxes. The gov't will just find new ways to spend the money.

I also wouldn't be anywhere near as concerned about how much money Apple is borrowing as I would about how much the gov't is borrowing and keeping interest rates artificially low to do so. If Apple is making bad business decisions it will take a bite out of Apple. I have a choice whether or not to own Apple stock or products. OTOH, the gov't making bad spending decisions takes a bite out of everybody who pays taxes. And I have zero choice about that.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Derek believe it or not they know their losing money on sales tax and some states are going after non payers. As for other taxes going up to cover sales tax shortfalls I believe they are. As to them being lowered if sales tax revenues rose. Probably not but they may raise them less.

My point ts on sales tax are simple.

1) you don't need to pay tax if you don't buy things. It's your choice but if you do follow the rules.

2) like it or try to change it. Either way it does not give you the right to not pay what you owe.

It is kind of a fair tax as you get to determine how much you buy.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Believe me I pay more than my fair share of taxes. My property taxes in NJ are over 30K per year, I pay around $300 per month in tolls, 7% sales tax, high state income tax, the highest estate tax in the country etc and the state tells me they are broke. Now the State is whining and claims they need to shut down all state funded road projects until we allow them to pass an additional. .23 per gallon gas tax. My wife is a school teacher in NJ. She doesn't make enough money to live on, pays considerable money to her pension fund and the state decided they can't make the states required contributions because they spent the money elsewhere. No argument that they owe the money to the pension fund but they haven't paid into it for years and now it's too much to pay. If I did that or any private corporation did that, people would go to jail. As a teacher, 4 years ago we paid nothing for medical insurance. This year we will be paying over $800 per month for that benefit. And the state keeps crying poverty. At some point you say enough is enough.
    Jack Sardina

Average property taxes in Fl is about $3k per year. Sales tax about the same 6 to 7 %. Road and fuel taxes about the same as yours.

It's insane how different it is. How do we do it on so little? We don't have state or city income tax either.

Maybe it's the fact that we don't offer "public assistance as a career " in our schools. Maybe it's because we have less "super rich" households and people pay their taxes. Maybe not.

All I know is the cost of living here is much lower than further north and the standard of living in my mind is better.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

I think it's healthy for adults to discuss our different perspectives in a civil fashion, and I'm glad to see the mods here didn't jump in and shut down a serious conversation or censor it. With that said...

I got back from the FIL funeral tour just in time for the nastiest heat and humidity we've had this summer. Even though I've vented it, the heat is so bad in the tent that I probably won't bother making a trip to the boatyard this weekend with the forecast anticipating near 100°F and dripping humidity. But I need to keep moving on this or I'll run out of steam, so I got busy making a better dust and paint overspray extraction system that will help as we move forward and wrap up the V-berth head.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Building a Fume Extractor & Paint Filter Box

Cheers,
    Q

Don't laugh...this fume extractor really works!

New filter box doesn't leak and makes it easy to swap out filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Average property taxes in Fl is about $3k per year. Sales tax about the same 6 to 7 %. Road and fuel taxes about the same as yours.

It's insane how different it is. How do we do it on so little? We don't have state or city income tax either.

Maybe it's the fact that we don't offer "public assistance as a career " in our schools. Maybe it's because we have less "super rich" households and people pay their taxes. Maybe not.

All I know is the cost of living here is much lower than further north and the standard of living in my mind is better.
    Scott i have to disagree with you about the cost of living in FL being much lower ....i am originally from NJ we now live in FL on the Gulf Coast in Bradenton ...yes you get more house for your $$$$ and our property tax is less ....but we pay county tax of different amounts depending on the County our Homeowners Insurance is much more then NJ cause we have to pay for Hurricane Insurance my car Insurance is the same as NJ gas is more Expensive electric is more Expensive and i guess you don't do the grocery shopping because i can tell you for a fact that grocery shopping in FL is way more Expensive then NJ ....try buying oranges in FL.... the state know for growing oranges...they sell them by the Pound they should sell them buy the bucket full for $1.00 not $1.49 a pound....its a fallacy about the cost of living in FL but that being said i Love living in FL ....i WOULD NEVER MOVE BACK to NJ ....a good state to visit but I'm glad i don't live there anymore
    Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II

Well, I just happened to be reading this discussion on NJ vs FL as far as cost of living goes, and it seems that NJ ranks 33rd in the nation and FL ranks 35th. NJ pays more in wages than FL but it has more taxes and higher taxes. FL wages are much lower, but less taxes and this is mostly due to the sales taxes and bed taxes that we collect from the millions of tourists each year. If it were not for tourism, FL would have to legislate a personal income tax like NJ. But all in all, there is NO PLACE like FL!! No snow, no ice, no freezing weather, no horrible roads, etc.

Guys the cost of living here in Florida is quite a bit less than NY/NJ and other places.

1) I do not have ridiculous property taxes.
    2) no homeowners association.
    3) I dont buy oranges often (friends grow them)
    4) I dont buy mangos often (Same reason)
    5) Food overall is no better or worse than when I visit long island. I also shop for quality and sometimes quantity so there is a cost difference and I gladly pay more for better.
    6) Car insurance is what it is. To have the coverage I need for my business its higher than most BUT its a cost of doing business.
    7) Electric is 1/3 less in Florida than NY/NJ.
    8)Sales tax is 6% plus local additional 0, or .5 to 1%
    9)Insurance is not as bad as many think.

Healthcare is asinine ( thanks 0 ) but overall I like it here.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing fool View Post
    Well, I just happened to be reading this discussion on NJ vs FL as far as cost of living goes, and it seems that NJ ranks 33rd in the nation and FL ranks 35th. NJ pays more in wages than FL but it has more taxes and higher taxes. FL wages are much lower, but less taxes and this is mostly due to the sales taxes and bed taxes that we collect from the millions of tourists each year. If it were not for tourism, FL would have to legislate a personal income tax like NJ. But all in all, there is NO PLACE like FL!! No snow, no ice, no freezing weather, no horrible roads, etc.
    Fishing you are SO right there is no place like FL.... until i actually moved there i used to think living in NJ was normal living....OMG was i ever so WRONG living in NJ is ABINORMAL....lol....never knew there was a real AMERICA until i moved to FL...
    Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II

So Back to what this Thread is SUPPOSE to be about.

Nice vent system and I can relate once again

Did mine a little different I did two layers of filters inside and one more in the fan box. I wanted to try and keep it out of the hose also so that it doesnt make a mess since I have kept them for the next job!
    Also just layed the top one ontop of one that had a metal mesh so I wouldn't step through it and that upper one I change after each shoot.

If you look close you can see the filter sandwich between the box and back wall of the box.

I also put filter at the back and front of the wrap to filter the air in and keep those dam bugs out since they seem to be attached to paint fumes.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>