Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 186 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Q, I hate to break it to you, but zombies are imaginary. Don't be mad at me. LOL
    Jim, it troubles me that the internet may have false information floating around.

I had counted on grabbing a 58' LRC when the apocolypse goes down!

http://themarineinstallersrant.blogs...ypse.html#more

Great plan, but don't you have to come back to port to pump the holding tanks? LOL

We've had very animated dock party discussions involving zombie apocalypses. I imagine Jim would be the wet blanket at the party, telling everybody to shut up because zombies don't exist.

They actually do, Jim...we just call them XXXXXXXXX and they tend to vote for XXXXXXX or XXXXXX.

lol

Off to the boatyard...

--- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Q, you need your meds revisited and tweaked, maybe an increase here and there. LOL

Meds? No, I don't do those...or Kool Aid.

You just inhale right?
    Regards
    Dan

Q, we scoff you but really we all want to own your boat when it's done

I've seen what you say about aluminum boats when you think I'm not lurking, Jim. I know what you really think.

That said, with the missus gone to be with her family for the first several ceremonies in their funeral rituals, I think I'm getting less done than when she's here. Turns out the laundry doesn't get done by itself, and dinner has a way of not showing up on the table unless I make it happen. Bachelor life is not for me. I'll be heading over for the last of the ceremonies in a couple of weeks, and I'll be there for ten days. I really don't see how I'm going to splash the boat before the season ends.

Anyway, I got the original Chris Craft wiring and battery cables all hooked up to the port engine wiring interface panel and wrapped up the last bit on the starboard side. It's looking pretty good, I think!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer Refit: Engine Wiring III

Cheers,
    Q

My term as a bachelor will come to an end soon. On Monday I leave for ten days to attend my father-in-law's final burial ceremony. But I'm still making progress on the boat. The engine wiring is complete now, including the Turbocator exhaust temp and boost lines and neutral safety switches, both of which I've never had the pleasure of using before, plus all of the standard sender wiring. I just need to install the OE Chris Craft senders so the original 1969 gauges at the helm get the right signal. But getting all the adapters and figuring out which ports to use on the Cummins engine has taken time. Given how hot it's been recently, sitting in the engine room of an aluminum boat staring at two tons of cool Cummins on either side trying to figure it out hasn't been such a bad thing. Heat rises, so the hellish inferno in the tent is actually up at and above the helm.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer Refit: Engine Wiring IV

Cheers,
    Q