Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 186 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Maybe I'll stencil that on the step up to the throne! Especially once I install the Japanese heated seat/bidet!

More progress on the "throne room." Cabinetmaking is challenging...but I haven't screwed anything up so badly that it can't be fixed with epoxy. lol

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The V-berth “Throne Room” III

Cheers,
    Q

A few cold links at the bottom lately. I commented as per your request.

Question...... what is the wiring that's being covered up there?

Doesn't look like you, am I missing something?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Thank, Oscar.

If you mean the wiring in the pic below, there are two looms that run all the way from left to right that are final installed. Then there's a new white wire coiled on the left...that's the switch wire for the overhead light in the head. The switch will be in the cabinet that isn't made yet. The other wires also go in that same cabinet that isn't there yet. So the wires are just coiled up against the hull until I'm ready to put them in their final locations.

O ye of little faith....

Guilty. Thanks Q.... rock on.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I know a couple of neat freaks who would have wire ties on the temporary coils...with labels. I might be crazy for doing this refit, but not THAT crazy.

curious if i am seeing foam it green spray foam in your boat?

It's Tiger Foam. Same idea. It's awesome.

In other news, My new AHP AlphaTIG 200X arrived earlier this month, so I've been messing around trying to learn how to TIG weld. After a very rocky start, things are looking better (if not professional-grade). I don't know if there's a world record for sticking the tungsten in the weld, but I've got to be getting close to breaking any existing record. At my age, learning to coordinate the filler dipping motion with the torch hand (and I've never had a smooth welding hand anyway), plus the foot pedal, and all those little dials and switches that adjust some very important things...it's been very challenging but super fun, too. I suppose for pros it gets to be just the same ol' same ol' daily grind. As a hobbyist, this is a real hoot.

But then, it turned out that my bandsaw wasn't big enough. So, I did what any right-thinking man would do and bought another new toy! lol

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: New Toys and Fuel Inlet Pipes

Cheers
    Q

Last edited by q240z; 03-28-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Hmmm...no comments on the bird shite welds, eh?

I'm putting in as much practice time with the new AlphaTIG as I can, but I'm also keeping things moving on the boat. I got the interior of the Throne Room side cabinet assembled and insulated, and I also insulated the hull-side wall panel. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm making and insulating a cabinet so I can install the portholes so we can splash the boat later this year and take it to my home port. Gotta keep my eye on the prize...

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The V-berth “Throne Room” IV

Cheers,
    Q