Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 186 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Are you doing all your walls then the spray foam ?

Looking Good.

Dan
    Thanks, Dan.

Because I'm attaching all walls by gluing and screwing (or bolting) on the top, bottom, and sides (something they do over at Weaver Boatworks), I'm installing all of the major walls that tie into the ceiling before I foam. I've heard that digging out the foam can be a major pain, and it's just easier to install the walls first, tape them off, and foam. That also ensures that no cavities remain at the top of the panels, where condensation might collect and do evil things unseen.

60 degrees last weekend, then it snowed on Friday...old man winter's got a serious G.I. Joe kung fu grip on this year. But it was warm in the boat once I fired up the kero bazooka heater, and I got the African mahogany molding made that I'll use on the butt joint between panels for one of the aft stateroom walls. This is the kind of progress I like!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Making Molding

Cheers
    Q

More wall installation.

I know...this is getting tedious. But for me, it's great to see it coming together.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Aft Stateroom Walls V

Cheers,
    Q

It does look good, and is a pleasure seeing it all come together so well. The details of your work as set out in your links is all the more impressive. Thanks for taking the time to share.
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

Agreed. Its not tedious for us. I know a number of us look forward to your posts. I cant believe your ambition! Carry on and keep on posting!

Not tedious at all, but you better make sure you don't trap anything back there that's too big to move out.......

What are you planning for a headliner in the aft stateroom? Just curious.

Thanks guys!

Jim, you'll get a kick out of the article after the next.

For the headliner, at this point I'm planning on using OE-style perforated vinyl.

More wall progress

Jim, as a follow-up to your point about "make sure you don't trap anything," there's a hint in this blog post of what's to come.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Aft Stateroom Walls VI

Cheers,
    Q

I got the last of the walls finally installed, and almost had a major disaster along the way. Jim, there's a hint peeking at you in the pic below. What's the point in having the best laid plans if you forget about 'em on game day???

Ah well...it all worked out fine in the end.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing The Last Aft Stateroom Walls

Cheers,
    Q

I KNEW that was going to happen. I am also glad you caught it before the glue set up. You would have been well and truly up the creek if you hadn't thought about it when you did.....

Aft stateroom looks great. You are making some serious progress here.

Incidentally, you should install Ultra Pump Switches, the only thing nice enough for a boat like that. LOL