Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 186 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Slowly but surely, the aft stateroom is coming together. And every new wall under the aft deck makes it that much more solid.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Aft Stateroom Walls II

Cheers,
    Q

Hi Q240z!

You are doing wonderful work. Over the Top! BOFFO! You are taking a wonderful American Made shell...and turning her into art...by making it better, without screwing it up. I truly admire your perseverance. (but please correct the esthetics of the aft deck doors).

In my humble opinion...Everything else is absolutely BRILLIANT!

Thanks, pizzazsdaddy!
    But...what aft deck doors? I don't have any yet. Have you seen the future???

You're going to have to get another boat for your boating. This will be too nice to put in the water.

Thanks, Jim! But I plan to use the heck out of this one!

OK...it's official: winter 2015 is done, which means fall 2015 is coming and that's when I want to splash. So I got another wall installed and am working on the others.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Aft Stateroom Walls III

Cheers,
    Q

We're going to take up a collection for you, Quentin, and see if we can buy you a better looking head than that orange bucket you have there. We all kind of feel sorry for you and Mrs. Q and we think you can do better. PS the latest wall looks good, too.

Taking on a big refit like this, I may be stupid but I'm not primitive, Jim! We've walked a bare path in the grass from our boat to the yard toilet.

That said, I got the aft stateroom center-line wall installed. After all of the prep work getting the walls ready to install, it's great to see the plan come together. It's also good that the plywood stack is getting smaller, since it's been in the taking up lots of galley space for a couple of years. On the downside, the more walls that go up, the harder it is getting around and moving stuff from one place to another. Gotta be careful not to damage the installed panels...

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Aft Stateroom Walls IV

Cheers,
    Q

Are you doing all your walls then the spray foam ?

Looking Good.

Dan
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

On the bus we built, I did foam first because it was easy to cut smooth that way with a saw blade. Then when I needed access to a support for a wall or for wiring, I just dug out the foam as needed.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI