Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 186 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

The spray foam will be somewhat lumpy, but it's easy to cut of the excess and make it smooth with a big saw blade.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I'm OK with a bit lumpy. But I've seen some DIY jobs that were over the top.

Did you do anything to provide access to wiring or plumbing, or just encase them in foam?

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    I'm OK with a bit lumpy. But I've seen some DIY jobs that were over the top.

Did you do anything to provide access to wiring or plumbing, or just encase them in foam?
    I encased the wiring in foam. I didn't have any plumbing in the outside walls or ceiling, that all ran under the floor and there was no foam there.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I don't plan on worrying about individual wires, but I'll protect the looms from becoming entombed.

I know winter's not done yet, but it's going to be 60 degrees on Sunday and that means fall will be here in no time! Gotta keep rolling if I'm going to splash before the leaves drop.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Mahogany Wall Panels to the Paint Shop and Back

Cheers,
    Q

Gee, Quentin, it's a shame that wood came out looking so shabby. I can't believe you're going to put that in that beautiful boat. LOL

Actually it looks great and I am relieved. I thought you were going to AG the interior.

Thanks, Jim!

AG?

AwlGrip. Glad you didn't do that.

Whew…I thought he was going to say AstroGlide.
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

Awlgrip...actually, it's very likely that I'll do the heads in AG.

Astroglide...I had to look that one up. I can assure you that I will not be applying that product to my interior.

In the ongoing spirit of jumping around from topic to topic, reflecting exactly what's been going on with the refit since I got robbed last May, I picked up a nearly-new miter saw recently. The goddess of the seas must be looking out for me, which is helping make up for the big hit of combined deductibles on the insurance claims.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Nice Score on a Dewalt DWS780 Miter Saw

Cheers,
    Q