Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 186 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

It maybe a Chris Craft but yore as crazy as a lot of us here " maybe even the Commodore" Welcome to the Club I think Nice job also shes going to be sweet when she's done.

Seems he wants to be a Story telling and give it a little at a time That's fine with me I like good restoration/ boating story just finish the story not like some? Kiwi if your reading this Yes I am talking about you

Keep going Thanks for sharing.

Dan
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Scott,

The boat "Weasel" spent most of its life in babylon. Yes Bill Cullen was the craftsman who converted it to an express.

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

Good old Bill. I worked with him at babylon marine in the 80,s and remember leaving about the time the owner decided to. Ut off the salon. Used to work on those seamonsters every year. Tune up and oil changes. The owners kid had a go fast too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    It maybe a Chris Craft but yore as crazy as a lot of us here " maybe even the Commodore" Welcome to the Club I think Nice job also shes going to be sweet when she's done.

Seems he wants to be a Story telling and give it a little at a time That's fine with me I like good restoration/ boating story just finish the story not like some? Kiwi if your reading this Yes I am talking about you

Keep going Thanks for sharing.

Dan
    Thanks, Dan. With all the time and effort I've got into this one, I hope she does turn out sweet.

There's a new post on the blog-- 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Interior Concepts

Cheers,
    Q

New post: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Paperwork SNAFU Resolved! Refit Resumes in 2012!

Cheers,
    Q

Looking good. Just remember to make passageways and doors wide enough to remove/replace the appliances if ever need be. Also, you'll need door latches on that refrigerator to keep the door from opening when underway since it points back towards the stern.

Thanks! I hadn't thought far enough ahead to worry about fridge door latches! lol

Unfortunately, there's no practical way to make the doors wide enough to remove the washer and dryer. If they ever need replacing, I'll probably just dismantle the appliance and reassemble as necessary. I've done that before with other appliances on my previous Connie. The fridge is counter depth, though, so it slides out the salon side windows once the doors are removed.

But, of course, these are new appliances, so they'll never need replacing!

LOL-- A fridge will open while underway in a sea regardless of whether it faces forward or aft. Ask me how I know

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53 MY

Found this picture in my collection

Artprinter1960.jpg
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

Cool stuff there, Art. I believe those were prior to Nautic buying the Seamaster line in the late 1960s. Still, great engines for their time.

My latest blog entry brings us up to August 2013, with a set of low-hour Cummins 450 Diamonds sitting in the engine room of my Roamer 46. This boat ought to fly when it's done.

http://1969chriscraftroamer46.wordpr...nes-this-time/