Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 186 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Welcome back

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

Glad to read you are returning to work. Your alarm efforts make sense. A second loss could be too much to deal with.
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

Despite all your recent troubles, you seem like a guy that can see some humor in situations. Here a good one for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    It's been a while, but I'm slowly getting back to where I was before the theft. I'm still not too enthused about writing articles, because I can't get anything done because every time I try I find that I need a particular tool that was stolen. Jim R very generously traded a cordless drill he had for a burger at Happy Harbor restaurant on me, but it's the little stuff that is the hardest to document, harder still to remember, but when you really need them and they're not there, the project grinds to a disappointing halt.

Anyway, here's the latest update. Hopefully, I'll be back into the swing of things soon. 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Alarmed

Cheers,
    Q
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bostonhatteras; 06-29-2014 at 06:31 PM.

bostonhatteras, that's hilarious. lol

The struggle recently has been trying to find projects I can start and bring to completion. I'm constantly starting projects only to find that I can't find a tool or supplies I need to continue. I'm submitting supplemental claims to the insurance company, and they're being very good about it all, but it sure is frustrating not being able to get stuff done.

I won't be splashing the boat this year, but the swim platform is one of the bigger exterior items that still needs to be installed. The timing was right, so I fixed some bad patches and epoxy coated the whole thing using West System resin with their UV resistant 207 Special Clear hardener. After all of the BS since May, it was nice to start a project and see some real progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Swim Platform

Cheers,
    Q

Last edited by q240z; 07-02-2014 at 08:14 AM.

The project hasn't stopped, but I haven't been faithfully blogging as I did before.

Over the summer, I got my hydraulic steering installed. This article covers the first part of that effort.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Hydraulic Steering

Cheers,
    Q

Glad to see you are pushing ahead on this.

Incidentally, the only other Roamer that I know of locally is going to be for sale. Same engines as you have.

Thanks, Jim.
    Is that Roamer a 46 with Cummins 450 Diamonds? I'd be very interested to know what sort of performance I should expect.

Beautiful work q240z.
    I'm saddened by what happened to you. Happy to see you working the project again. I sure we all support your efforts. Your work is beautiful.

Glad to see that you're continuing. Looking forward to some good winter reading from your project!

I think it's a 46, it may be bigger, though. It does have Cummins C-series. Probably 450hp. I'll find out.