Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 186 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    And about damn time, too. My plan is to show up for the launching, and run around and act as if I'd accomplished something. Reflected glory and all that.....
    Obstetrician?

Like I said, it's been a long, cold winter...kinda tough to get enthused about going to the boatyard. I did manage to get shop space set up under the bow. The best news, given my unpleasant experiences with tents collapsing from snow loads, was that the tent held up through all of the storms we had this year.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Boatyard in Winter...2014

Cheers,
    Q

Time to get this show back on the road. First up: propulsion.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Engine Beds

Cheers,
    Q

I got my bow seat windows back! The major problems I had before with the original set were resolved, but there were still some issues with the new ones.

And the weather is just not giving me a break. I thought for sure that spring had sprung last week, but it's been down to 10*F this week and we're in for another dump of snow on Monday. sheesh

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Return of the Bow Seat Windows

Cheers,
    Q

I've had the glass for the aft enclosure sitting on the aft deck since November. Spring briefly visited a week ago, so I installed the windows. But then winter came back with a vengeance, so ten days later the polysulfide sealant still isn't fully cured! Somebody go find Al Gore and kick his butt for me...global warming...yeah, RIGHT!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Aft Enclosure Glass

Cheers,
    Q

For the 6th time this year, I had to clear snow to get into the tent. Enough already with Winter 2014!

Once inside, I spent the day trying once again to get the helm station window frames dry-fitted, only to once again discover a deal-stopper problem that I'll have to resolve.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer Refit: Window Pains III–the Evil Helm Windshield Frames

Cheers,
    Q

I got sick of the danged windows, so I distracted myself by making patterns for the Chris Craft Roamer Cruise Control (trim tab) instead. It felt good to (half) accomplish something tangible.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Trim Tabs

Cheers,
    Q

Couple coats of West System and you'll have yourself a nice set of wooden trim tabs. Plywood, no less.

Now...why didn't I think of that?!?

One of the nice things about spring, when it finally shows up here, if it does, is going to be driving down to the yard where this boat is and seeing all this in person. A nice spring day in a boatyard and a beautiful boat being restored, it doesn't get any better than that.