Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 186 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Yeah, the HH yard is HUGE. I sent you a PM, Jim.
    Q

I had a 1969 ridgeway custom sportfisherman that had 534 ford seamasters. I bought the boat with the intention of putting diesels back in her. After my first trip to montauk I decided to keep them 20kts at 20 gph combined. I had Lab Machine works build me a new pair and ran the boat for the next 11 years. I never saw the turbo charged versions till your photos although I heard of them.

Artblue weasel 008.jpgadditional boat 001.jpg
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

So what happened to the Lehmans?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post
    I had a 1969 ridgeway custom sportfisherman that had 534 ford seamasters. I bought the boat with the intention of putting diesels back in her. After my first trip to montauk I decided to keep them 20kts at 20 gph combined. I had Lab Machine works build me a new pair and ran the boat for the next 11 years. I never saw the turbo charged versions till your photos although I heard of them.

ArtAttachment 12761Attachment 12762
    Was that boat in Babylon in the 80's before the salon cabin was torn off?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    So what happened to the Lehmans?
    They're sitting in my garage in SoMD, along with TD502 gears, new mounts and couplers for 1.5" shafts. I haven't had time to advertise them yet. Too dang busy with refit!

Quote Originally Posted by smoothmove View Post
    My kids would look at that and say.... "EPIC"

I do not think that would be overstating what you did.

Eric
    "EPIC"

Maybe that's what we should call her! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post

Art
    Art, it looks like you've got the earlier iteration of the 534, before Nautic bought the Seamaster brand. They went really nuts with 1/4" stainless bits and pieces, custom castings etc. They really were very well done.

And brutal power, from what I've heard. There's a fellow at the club who rode in my boat back in the day. He said the PO would put the sticks forward and there would be a bizarre yet subdued howling sound from below. The ER was lined in lead sheet over standard fiberglass batt insulation, so not much sound came through. But those four big ol' turbos spooling up (with no water cooling jacket) made a noise like no other. The nose of the boat would come waaaaaaay up, then hang in the air for just a bit before slapping down and VARRRROOOOOM! Off she'd go!

It must have been something!

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    They're sitting in my garage in SoMD, along with TD502 gears, new mounts and couplers for 1.5" shafts. I haven't had time to advertise them yet. Too dang busy with refit!
    Must be I missing something then. What power is going in there now?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Yeah, I could see how that would be a bit confusing. My thinking was that it didn't make much sense to start with the current work in 2013. There was a lot of history to cover and, as I explain on the About page, first I'll go through the historical material, then transition to current work. I've tried to keep the dates as obvious as I can. The Lehmans did their duty for a brief moment in time and then...

Stay tuned! It's a blog! Enjoy the story!

BTW, there's a new blog post talking about the various tents I've used during this 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit.