Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 186 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

When can you come down to work on my boat??
    Or too young for you, she is only a 45 year old plastic Bertram.

What perseverance! Well done. She looks like she moves well and the engines are loafing. Congrats!
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Thanks guys!

I've been rigging the boat for the new slip. My brand new Hubbel 125/250 50a shore power cord won't work in this double 30a marina. The finger pier is only 8' long and it's on the port side, but the power pedestal is on the starboard side, so the cord has to dangle from the main pier to the starboard safety rail. I decided to just use two 30a cords because they're each much lighter than the big 50a cord.

I'm also cutting the dock lines to just the right length, so I generally won't be using fenders. Just tie up each line after docking, and when you're done the boat will be naturally centered between the pilings.

I've got to figure out a stair solution, too. Climbing up the transom steps is doable but a pain. The problem is that my side decks end ~10' from the back edge of the swim platform. With only an 8' finger pier, any steps I make will have to be cantilevered out over the water.

Cheers,
    Q

might be easier and safer to add to the finger pier if the marina will allow you too
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Looking at the photo of your boat in her slip, the problem is clear. Could a Marquipt tide ladder solve the problem? It would have to reach from the side of the boat back to the finger pier, and hasve enough reach to be solidly on the end of the finger pier.
    Or supposing you built steps with a platform that extended forward, and mounted them solidly to the finger pier?

What's on the other side of the boat, the stbd side? Is the situation any better over there?

I have witnessed some short finger piers but this one takes the cake. That is the most useless dock I have ever seen.
    Is this the standard for your area?
    Can you cut that bump off and lay on the main dock?

I'm back to earth now.
    How about a long tide ladder, passerelle of fixed gangway servicing the stern?

Something like that. The finger pier appears useless. It certainly wasn't designed with this boat in mind, or anything like it.

I don't think this is the standard, though. Other marinas on the Chesapeake have much more normal pier arrangements.
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 07-03-2023 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    What's on the other side of the boat, the stbd side? Is the situation any better over there?
    There are four pilings on the starboard side, so that's no help. As it is, I can step from the stubby finger pier onto the transom steps, but that's basically climbing a ladder.

Mine is by far the biggest boat in the marina. Most are pontoons, ski boats, crabbers, and a few newer boats without side decks that are intended to be boarded via the transom.
    DSC00165.jpg

Looks like Permafloat might offer a safe solution. Just add 4' to the finger pier and it's ready for steps.