Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 186 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

HA! That's no tent...it's a building!

Jim would probably rent space from you!

Q

I do need space.... Q, you have anything down there?

I've got land, but my garage and outbuildings are all full. What have you got in mind?

Geesh...what a tedious slog these windows are. The aft stateroom portholes are getting closer to the point of sandblasting, but between snapped off screw heads and various sealants that are causing problems, it's taking a lot of time.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Window Pains

Cheers,
    Q

I guess from reading this that new portlights were not an option? Unfortunately? Sounds like quite an ordeal.

Merry Christmas, Jim!

I looked into replacing them, but I couldn't find any portlights with square corners like my window openings. I found some with fairly tight radius corners that might work, but at ~$500 each (x10) I figure I can keep working on those damned screws. lol

Five thousand bucks for portlights? You can pay yourself for a lot of hours with five thousand bucks. Wow.

Anyway, we all know where YOU'LL be for the next week or two. Do you get to take them home and work on them indoors where it's warm, or do you have to do them at the boatyard? I hope you're home. It's thirty degrees or something like that.

I've been working on these from home on nights and weekends for the last month. It's the most tedious thing I've done on this whole refit.

Happy New Year!

I had to take another break from that helm station windshield. What a mess! Good thing there's plenty of other stuff to do on the boat.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Exhaust IIII

Cheers,
    Q