Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 186 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Can't imagine how excited you must be to see this come to fruition!
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

What a journey and now comes the adventure.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Congrats! Best wishes for an uneventful launch and move to a slip.
    Regards
    Dan

OMG, Da Boat is naked.
    Quick, put at least a skirt back up.
    She has not shown her bottom in years...

Ah, New boat launch coming up..
    Ya feel like those fancy yards in Europe??

Since this is a real rebuild, are you getting the title/documentation adjusted to 2023??

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Since this is a real rebuild, are you getting the title/documentation adjusted to 2023??
    I checked with the insurance company on that. Turns out they don't care if USCG says the boat was rebuilt enough for the Coasties to consider it new in 2023. They only consider the date the keel was laid, so it's hard to see the value in paying USCG to inspect and adjust the build date.

With the boat de-tented, I had two last items on my pre-splash punch list: final test fire of the engines to prove starting reliability, and then install the raw water impellers. I got both of those items done yesterday. So the only thing delaying launch now is the insurance underwriter's approval. Once I get that, I'm off to the boatyard.

I can't figure out how to get video links to work correctly here, but there's a short video at the linked blog article showing both engines lighting off as seen from outside the boat.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Final Engine Test & Impeller Install

Cheers,
    Q

Last pre-launch punch list item: impellers

Visited boat, she looks absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see her in the water.

You got to see it in the water, then out of the water, then back in the water, then out of the water again. lol

After some drama with the Travelift, they got the Roamer over to the lift well. The bottom got wet. I discovered a small leak at one of the new Forespar Marelon seacocks. They lifted the boat clear of the water. I fixed the leak. They lowered the boat again. The fix held, but then I heard a drip...drip...drip sound from another seacock. Though the OEM Chris Craft-branded seacock for the original genset was dry and tight when I moved the boat to Deale in 2009, it developed a problem in the interim and has to be replaced.

The boat is sitting in the slings and on blocks in front of the Travelift well. I have a new Forespar seacock on the way.

This has been a disappointing day. That said, the boat did look good sitting in the water.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Splash Day! (sorta)

Cheers,
    Q

Ohh ahh, My heart is beating ...
    The tease,, wet,, air,, wet and blocked back up..
    This is not safe for the weak of heart spectator.
    Got to be a W**&^ on you..
    Hang in there kid, she will be underway soon..

Captain Ralph, I was joking with Super Mod Jim R, who came out and graciously played videographer, about how my blood pressure was through the roof. And that was before the bottom got wet. Once I saw the leaks, my sense of humor and hosting skills (to the extent I have them) went right out the window.

I've already got a tracking number for the new Forespar seacock to replace the leaky OEM Chris Craft-branded bronze one. It's coming from NY, so shouldn't take that long to get here.