Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 186 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Thanks guys! Timeless72, the situation you described sounds like me! lol

That said, after a long day at the boatyard, I'm beat. But it was such a great day I had to share!

I and a very competent assistant got all of the roof frames and upper structures, the shrink wrap plastic, and the frames and scaffolding on the port side removed. Tomorrow I'll tackle the starboard side. With the tent gone, I have to say...this boat is a stunning beauty! So shiny!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Dismantling Tent Model XXX

Cheers,
    Q

Absolutely stunning! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

At some point, you're going to have to name this boat and put it on the transom.

She looks fantastic. A fitting result for all your incredibly hard work.

It’s just too nice to use.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Amazing work! She is gorgeous!
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

so many times you will see a boat in the yard, the rehab starts like gangbusters, slows and sooner or later stops.
    the boat then just falls apart.
    your boat itself looks amazing but that you have had the determination to complete the journey might be even more impressive.
    it would have killed mere mortals like us.

good luck and enjoy.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

Thanks guys!

The most common phrase I've heard in the boatyard and online is variations on: "It's too nice to splash."

LOL

Splashing and using it like a boat instead of a paint and cabinet shop is why I did the whole thing.

One of the last holes to fill on the exterior to keep rain out involved installing the mast. I'd had the mahogany clear-coated with Imron MS1 back in 2013, and the bronze parts were all rechromed back in 2010. In 2019 I assembled most of the mast, but then wrapped it up in the spring of 2023. A few days ago, I installed the mast on the cabin top. It looks really good. :-)

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Mast

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

Looks terrific. It's too bad no one makes an owner/absent light with the proper curvature for the spreaders, it would look cool out there.

Thanks Jim!

Well, it took three days but Tent Model XXX has officially been retired. I took all of the lumber, plywood, and screws that were still serviceable back home, along with the compressor, refrigerated air drier, and airline plumbing. My back's killing me. lol

There's a bunch of refit debris still under the boat, but I'll deal with that after the Travel Lift moves it to the water. Cleaning up the area made the boat look even better!

I've been told the marine insurance underwriters should be getting back to me with their (hopefully) approval to splash tomorrow.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Retiring Tent Model XXX part II

Cheers,
    Q