Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 186 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

A windstorm ripped the top off of my tent/spray booth a few weeks ago. I patched it back together and have been rushing to get some other jobs done so I can take the big tent apart and replace it with a smaller winter tent. Job 1 was to get the rub rail installed. If only my day job didn't get in the way...

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wind Storm = Tent Blow-out!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Stainless Rub Rails

Cheers,
    Q

Prop shafts? PROP SHAFTS? You're going to install engines and put this boat in the water? I think you should rethink this idea. It's too nice for that. Next thing you're going to tell us that you're taking it on trips etc. Don't do it.

What do you think...maybe instead of building tents I should look into insulated metal buildings with climate control?
    :-)

Totally. And hot and cold running water, a bar, showers, etc. Plus a turnstile so you can charge admission to view this boat.

And enough room for a few cars in there, I'll rent space from you.

A turnstile...niiiiiice.

But I went and got myself distracted from tent stuff. The tent's still ugly, but at least I've got a place to put my shafts now!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Propeller Shafts (part II)

Cheers,
    Q

Does that allow you to weld inside the vee? Also, can you recommend a marine fab/rigging shop up here that can make up a spinnaker pole for our AHPC? I don't have the specs yet, but it is eleven feet long which will make getting it shipped down from NE a pain.

The flexible barrel attached to the spool gun was what it took to weld in the vee. That's a pretty slick attachment.

The fabricator I'm using is Randy Payne out of Mechanicsville. He's not a rigger, but from what I've seen so far he does good metal fab. He claims not to be computer savvy, but you could call him at 301-672-1163.

Well, we made it just in time for the first storms of the winter in the Mid-Atlantic...Tent Model IX has been retired, long live Tent Model X!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Tent Model X

Cheers,
    Q

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Well, we made it just in time for the first storms of the winter in the Mid-Atlantic...Tent Model IX has been retired, long live Tent Model X!

Cheers,
    Q

I have done a few tents two for myself and two for friends and one was up for 5 years + and a green house place said it would last more than 1-2 years!
    You need to do it right from the first board and I used all wood so I could secure the plastic down to the rafters. You can't let it flap or move that's when the trouble begins my second one was tested with 50 mph + one week after putting it up Both of the ones I built were used for other boats the one from the Hatt I built in 10' section so it was modular.
    Also with the wood I did a layer of plastic on the inside also easier to clean and warmer when the sun was out I had to open the window in February. Yes had two windows, door, heat, lighting, fan to move the air inside and exhaust fan.

Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>