Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 186 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

That's good to hear they've got a brick and mortar presence somewhere. But their website was wiped and the domain is available to be purchased. Hydrasearch hasn't responded to my email inquiries asking about product support for my strainers.

I'm not criticizing the build. You are doing a spectacular job! I'm just posting my preferences. You might remember, I also wasn't fond of running wood grain horizontal in places.

Its your boat. Do you how you like it. That's the advantage of doing it yourself. And as far as quality work, your craftsmanship cannot be questioned. You'll have the nicest Chris out there when you're finished with her.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks, Sky. I know. Friendly online ribbing doesn't always come through as crystal clear as I wish it would.

So, it looks like the super cold arctic blast is finally moving on today, We'll be back to more typical winter weather, and I can get back to normal life and get stuff done outside of the house. It did give me a good opportunity to clear out my camera's memory card, though.

Today's topic covers some galley cabinet boxes I built back in the summer of 2019 but never posted. Building them allowed me to take another sheet of mahogany plywood out of the stack in the salon. As I've said before, the plywood stack is a sort of progress-o-meter on the project: when it's gone, the refit will be finished. It's getting pretty close. And the cabinet boxes didn't turn out too bad, even if Sky prefers the grain oriented differently. <---100% joke among friends LOL

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Galley Cabinets

Cheers,
    Q

Q, I think Hydrasearch supports their products which were branded Buck-Algonquin. As far as their not getting back to you, I don't know. I can tell you that when Dave and I drove over there last week, they were open, AND helpful. I think I would bug them by phone rather than email.

Also, if they DO have the acrylic parts that you need, and you want me to pick them up for you, I can do that. That way, I can just stash them at my house and you can pick them up from here anytime, rather than having to drive across the Bay Bridge during business hours. I am over on the Eastern Shore from time to time, it's no bother.

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate that. I'll give them a ring and let you know what I find out.

Well, I got busy and didn't call them. I'll aim for next week, Jim.

I switched my blog topics from galley cabinets to stainless because I'm in a bit of a bind and hope somebody can help me out.

I'm looking for some pre-2000, 1" solid-backed stainless rub rail. I seem to have misplaced about 18-feet worth, though I can't say for sure because none of the pictures I took at the beginning of this refit are sufficiently close-up in the right places...maybe they weren't there when we got the boat. Anyway, if anybody knows of any Purgatory Row, abandoned boats or soon-to-be-scrapped boats with these rub rails (#8 screws, 7-1/2" center-to-center) please let me know.

The particular stainless that's the topic of today's article isn't rub rails...it's salon window filler pieces and a gorgeous Made in Japan bronze step that came with the boat, which I had rechromed in 2013. I think they look fabulous.

Now...if only somebody knows of some old school 1" solid rub rail I might acquire...

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing More Stainless

Cheers,
    Q

my 1 inch rubrail on my 1977 46sf and my 1972 58yf has the screws on 6 inch centers. 7 1/2 inch centers may be hard to find
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quentin, Sam's has a few listings for solid 1" SS rubrail. Doesn't specify the spacing of the holes, though.

There are a few derelict boat in the marina where I haul out. I'll look at them and measure, also ask the marina who they belong to. Also, try Sailorman in FtL and Bacon's up here in Naptown. (I'll check at Bacon's but they may be closed until next week)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    my 1 inch rubrail on my 1977 46sf and my 1972 58yf has the screws on 6 inch centers. 7 1/2 inch centers may be hard to find
    Hmmm. That's good to know. I know Taco uses 6" centers, so Chris Craft must have been sourcing theirs from a different manufacturer.

Thanks Jim!